S&P Global Ratings
Ratings Analyst-Financial Institutions Ratings
HKG - Hong Kong
The Team / The Business:
You will be part of a closely knit, multicultural, and high-performance team.
You will support the team to provide key stakeholders with our value-added “credit story” on banks, NBFIs, and the financial sector through insightful opinions and strong analysis.
What’s in it for you:
This is a great opportunity for a highly skilled and passionate individual to cover the world’s most dynamic markets, including China. You will develop expertise in these fast-changing markets by covering a portfolio of banks and NBFIs. You will work with a group of very talented and experienced analysts from highly diversified backgrounds. It also provides a great opportunity to develop your expertise in FI credit analysis in mainland China, Hong Kong, and the other markets that the team covers.
- Analyze information and data necessary for assigning credit ratings on financial institutions and their debt issues
- Perform continuous surveillance of rated companies and related market as well as regulatory developments
- Articulate analytical findings and recommendations in a logical and coherent manner
- Support the production of press releases, company specific reports and industry commentaries in a fast paced environment with publication deadlines
- Provide analytical supports for meetings with issuers and investors
- Contribute in global and regional analytical projects and working groups
- Relevant bachelor degree. Advanced degree or CFA is a plus.
- Minimum 1 years of relevant research experience,
- Understanding of financial markets, business environments and relevant regulations – in particular, on banking or non-bank financial sector (finance companies, leasing companies, trust companies and other NBFI) in China
- Ability to communicate in Putonghua, read and write Chinese fluently
- Solid financial statement analysis skills and accounting knowledge
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- A highly motivated team player who can work autonomously in a global, multi-cultural and fast pace environment
- Ability to undertake rigorous analytical work and be proficient at drafting reports in English
Candidates with less experience will be considered as Research Assistant
About S&P Global Ratings
S&P Global Ratings is the world’s leading provider of independent credit ratings. Our ratings are essential to driving growth, providing transparency and helping educate market participants so they can make decisions with confidence. We have more than 1 million credit ratings outstanding on government, corporate, financial sector and structured finance entities and securities. We offer an independent view of the market built on a unique combination of broad perspective and local insight. We provide our opinions and research about relative credit risk; market participants gain independent information to help support the growth of transparent, liquid debt markets worldwide.
S&P Global Ratings is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/ratings
To all recruitment agencies: S&P Global does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related to such resumes.