The Role: S&P Global Platts 2018 Market Intelligence Summer Internship Programme is a 10 week summer training program commencing in June/July 2018.
The Location: London, Canary Wharf
The Team/The Business: You will be part of a global team in Platts Marketing Department – the Platts Market Intelligence Team. We specialize in doing first class research on our customers, the market and the competitive landscape to help Platts make smart business decisions. We are looking for high achievers who have a curious mind and look for evidence to test hypotheses and make recommendations. Someone who is confident around technology and different tools would find the work of interest. Thinking outside of the box and being solution driven are two top qualities that you should already possess in good measure or would like to develop further.
- Be part of a team whose research and analysis influences business decisions up to the highest levels of our organisation
- Work on short-term and longer term projects with different stakeholders in Content, Product, Sales and Marketing
- Be part of a global company with a strong history of growth and a globally diverse workforce with 20 offices spanning five continents.
- Be known to work for a respected source of essential information and part of a renowned brand.
- Get the best of both worlds: a nimble, highly specialized company and a business casual culture with the benefits and backing of S&P Global – a company that fosters development and growth, as well as work-life balance.
- We are looking for world-class thinkers to join our team at S&P Global Platts, the principal provider of commodity price assessment and information to more than 10,000 customers in 150 countries. The content you generate and the relationships you build are essential to the markets.
- Scheduled and ad hoc projects, with the latter emerging due to changes in market conditions means that the work is never staid and no two projects are the same.
What’s in it for you?
- 10-week rotational summer internship commencing in June/July 2018
- Training in our methods and tools
- Exposure to a fast paced market research and analysis team
- Gather an in-depth understanding of how evidence based insight, compiled through research studies drive business decisions
- Stay up-to date on advanced means of intelligence gathering
- Enhanced research and analysis skills in addition to other transferable skills such as communication, interpersonal, presentation/public speaking and organization skills.
- Opportunity to learn about various aspects of Oil, Power, Natural Gas, LNG, Coal, Petrochemicals, Metals, Agriculture and/or Shipping markets
- Receive hands-on research and experiences as well as conducting research
- Assist in quantitative market research studies: contributions can include refining the target audience, formatting the do not contact lists and testing the survey links prior to fielding
- Assist in quality control of the internal intelligence tracking portal (Platts 360) and disseminate relevant information to stakeholders.
- Research tasks on latest trends and external developments in the market that potentially influence Platts customers and non-customer’s sentiment towards Platts
- Creating presentations to communicate results to the business in the most innovative and compelling fashion
- Help with closed loop reporting which feeds from insight reporting
- Help to develop customer insight historical database for running longitudinal studies
What we’re looking for:
- Minimum of a 2.1 undergraduate degree or Master’s degree.
- All degrees welcome: Business, Marketing, Economics, Mathematics, Finance, or Statistics
- Strong communication (good verbal skills, listening techniques, and a clear, concise writing style)
- Able to learn quickly, multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Understand importance of building strong relationships and partnering with team members
- Problem-solving, time-management, attention to detail & organizational abilities to work efficiently with clients
- Intellectually curious; the ability to learn quickly
- Some knowledge of SPSS and Qualtrics is desirable
- Significant comfort level with suite of Microsoft Office products (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint Excel)
About S&P Global Platts:
At S&P Global Platts, we provide the insights; you make better informed trading and business decisions with conviction. We’re the leading independent provider of information and benchmark prices for the commodities and energy markets. Customers in over 150 countries look to our expertise in news, pricing and analytics to deliver greater transparency and efficiency to markets. S&P Global Platts coverage includes oil and gas, power, petrochemicals, metals, agriculture and shipping.
S&P Global Platts is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.platts.com
To all recruitment agencies: S&P Global does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related such resumes.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of merit, capability and equality of opportunity, and without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law, or any other characteristic that has no bearing on a person’s ability to perform his or her job.
Interested candidates should visit our career site to submit an application – http://careers.spglobal.com