The Role: Providing flexible support across all teams by creating commercial strategies and driving solution based commercial conversations with Strategic Accounts in the EMEA region, Responsible for seeking and building high level relationships through driving net sales and growth for core, large and/or complex contracts. Delivers customer value by building a sound enterprise strategy and solution for a multi-million dollar bank of business.
The Impact: Drives growth of Platts products and services by developing and enhancing relationships with executives and decision makers at key accounts and driving increased value and customer satisfaction. Responsible for creating strategic commercial and market plans to ultimately implement large, complex, multi-year commercial agreements.
The Career Opportunity: Excellent Career Growth Potential.
Our Hiring Manager says: “This is a crucial role in our international growth, and I’m looking for someone who can hit the ground running and can work independently but still be a strong team player to the Strategic Account sales team. You’ve got to have great planning and multi-tasking skills, but I really need someone with great follow-through too. It’s a fast-paced, exciting opportunity.”
- Meets and exceed revenue quota through the management and execution of the sales process
- Employs consultative sales techniques to manage renewals, generate new opportunities and drive bank of business growth
- Increase sales of new and non-benchmark services to new and existing users, divisions and locations
- Negotiate and implement enterprise licenses capturing all usage that align to customer business requirements while ensuring full attention to retention of existing business
- Establish and maintain good rapport with senior contacts across key divisions and regions
- High level customer facing presentations and new product development discussions in regional languages
- Regular, structured and meaningful client interactions as part of the account planning including:
- Meetings with high-level stakeholders
- Constant engagement with operations and procurement departments
- Facilitation of editorial/product/management engagements with key stakeholders
- Owns sales strategy component of account plan to ultimately implement commercial agreements that enable Platts revenue growth, increase usage of Platts content and improve the relationship/partnership while providing greater value for our customers
- Develops comprehensive customer centric account sales strategy/plan that considers the bigger picture
- Leverages the knowledge built on clients and input provided from relationship managers, business development analysts and key stakeholders from other functions
- Account plan established in collaboration with customer and key stakeholders to ensure alignment with client needs and corporate strategy
- Regular updates of account plan
- Ensures plan content includes key metrics and milestones, short-medium-long term objectives, highlights and goals achieved
- Leverage the synergies of the franchise to provide comprehensive, unique solution to our clients
- Monthly activity reporting with feedback on client and market developments that are business impacting
- Accurate forecasting
- Regular and transparent plan updates
- Ensures all leads, opportunities, activities, contacts, explicit needs, advances, streak analysis and buying cycle status are captured in CRM system.
- Collect and provide updates to senior management and diverse departments at Platts including product development and the management team in order to improve our presence in the region.
- Facilitate the team’s understanding of internal procedures including:
- Adhering to corporate operating principles
- Internal systems utilization
- Maximizing and leveraging of resources
- Cooperation with different internal departments
- Improvement of sales techniques and strategies
- The ideal candidate will have fluency in French or German
- The ideal candidate should have proven experience in a strategic sales role managing major or complex accounts preferably in commodity or financial information provider. Practicing consultative sales, utilizing superb negotiation skills, high integrity hunter, adept at all phases of the selling cycle from need creation, proposal preparation, negotiation to deal closure.
- Strong business acumen, sharp financial analytical mind.
- Strategic planning and execution, able to execute against a well thought out and transparent plan.
- Excellent communication and presentation (verbal/ written) skills in English and preferably other regional languages, adds value to the relationship by distilling, summarizing, interpreting and communicating information to facilitate its usefulness.
- Proven track in managing multi-national global and/or strategic accounts with multi-cultural awareness.
- Proven ability to thrive and excel in a fast paced dynamic environment with high performance expectations.
- Ability to travel frequently, work long hours and weekends.
About S&P Global Platts
At S&P Global Platts, we provide the insights; you make better informed trading and business decisions with conviction. We’re the leading independent provider of information and benchmark prices for the commodities and energy markets. Customers in over 150 countries look to our expertise in news, pricing and analytics to deliver greater transparency and efficiency to markets. S&P Global Platts coverage includes oil and gas, power, petrochemicals, metals, agriculture and shipping.
S&P Global Platts is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence.For more information, visit www.platts.com
To all recruitment agencies: S&P Global does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related to such resumes.