The Role: S&P Global Market Intelligence, a subsidiary of S&P Global, is currently searching for a Relationship Manager to join the Financial Corporates Team in Stockholm. As the key partner for our clients, the Relationship Management team master industry, product and financial knowledge to keep clients informed. Relationship Managers work with their clients to learn about the challenges and opportunities they face, and discuss how Market Intelligence solutions can enable them to achieve value through their partnership with the organization.
The Impact: In this role you will have the opportunity to immerse yourself in the exciting and constantly-evolving financial industry. You will get to work with diverse clients within the Financial Corporates segment in the Nordic region which includes commercial lenders/banks and insurance companies. In doing so you will get to learn their business and help them understand how to get the most out of our products and tools.
The Career Opportunity: You will have the opportunity to travel to client sites and work with a diverse range of professionals across the sector. In addition to liaising with end users, you will also have opportunities to meet key stakeholders/business heads of the teams that utilize S&P products, as well as market data and procurement professionals within small, medium and large institutions. This will provide valuable commercial experience and an opportunity to grow into a more senior position within the organization. As part of a dynamic team, you will be asked to support, collaborate and share best practices with your colleagues.
The Team / The Business: The team is composed of experienced professionals within the Financial Services industry. The business has a casual and friendly atmosphere with an entrepreneurial spirit. We value team work and it is crucial that you are a team player in order to be successful within our organization.
• Focuses on retaining business by ensuring a high level of client satisfaction by guiding clients through product set up, conducting training sessions and communicating with clients to resolve any issues.
• Escalates all feedback and relevant information to help generate integrated client solutions and product enhancements to enhance revenue.
• Track all client outreach activity in Salesforce to help promote transparency.
• Assists the primary relationship managers with execution of activities related to retaining and growing client relationships, including pulling and analysing usage reports, as well as fulfilling renewal opportunities
• Works with the primary relationship managers in the region to maintains relationships with clients in an effort to grow and retain business to meet or exceed revenue goals.
• Keeps track of market and industry trends, reviews all available collateral and develops an understanding of their competitive situation.
• Learn and apply the diagnostic approach while assisting the primary relationship managers in building strategic account plans aimed at driving user and usage growth and client adoption.
• Bachelor’s degree required (or equivalent work experience)
• Direct experience working in the financial industry in a client facing or analytical role (investment banking, equity research, commercial lending, money management, credit analysis or financial consulting) or information services industry (same industry as S&P Global Market Intelligence)
•Fluent in English, as well as Swedish and/or Danish. Additional European languages welcome
• Relationship building skills exhibiting comfort with client outreach, with a capability to deal with challenging situations, i.e. objection handling and overcoming gatekeepers
• Solid time management/organization skills, with ability to multi task and prioritize, while paying close attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy
• Strong ability to communicate with clients in a clear manner (both written and verbal) with solid presentation skills (face to face, large groups, remotely via web meetings, etc.)
• Goal oriented and self-motivated with an ability to work independently, as well as in a team-based environment
• Familiarity with clients within the Financials Corporate space (Risk, M&A, Credit, Investment Banking, Investment Management, Investor Relations, etc.)
• Strong MS office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) skills are required, and any knowledge of CRM databases (such as Salesforce.com) would be advantageous
• Experience having used S&P Global products or other data vendor services such as Factset, Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters, Fitch, Moody’s, etc. would be a plus
• Willingness for moderate travel within the Nordic region for client meetings
S&P Global Market Intelligence
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important—some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit, S&P Global Market Intelligence.