The Role: S&P Global Platts are seeking a technical orientated Data QA Technician (Energy Technician) to join our European Data team and be responsible for the Quality Assurance (QA) of Platts’ European gas, power and Global LNG fundamental data.
The Location: Canary Wharf, London
The Team / The Business: Newly formed team tasked with ensuring the integrity of our data, the team is supportive and collaborative with exposure to many business units. They work great at moving forward with the group’s mission and goals. A new member of this team will hit the ground running and collaborate with his/her team members immediately.
The Impact: This role has a core impact to our business as you will be responsible for ensuring the integrity of our data and supporting the team with your technical skills. This role serves as the backbone of our European data team and you will contribute to finding, investigating, resolving and reporting data issues.
The Career Opportunity: Data is at the core of all our products, mastering the data can open opportunities across the business. An individual who can excel at this role will be known throughout numerous leadership teams – allowing for many opportunities of growth within the first couple of years.
Our Hiring Manager says: “I’m looking for a methodological thinker with a keen eye for detail, someone who enjoys dealing with large sets of data, good technical skills and offering innovative ideas. This role would be ideal for someone proactive and eager to learn about energy markets or develop their technical skills in a work environment. The role is a great place to hone your skills and grow within a strong and collaborative team”
- Ensuring you find, investigate, resolve and report issues to internal and external platform users to maintain the integrity of Platts’ European data
- Assist in answering data related client questions, both internal and external, to ensure platform user issues are investigated and status updates provided to client facing team members.
- Maintain Platts’ market leading European pipeline, storage, terminal and production outages dataset to ensure updates and market moving events are uploaded to our analytics platform at the speed of the market.
- Work collaboratively with Analysts, Data Collections and IT to resolved data issues and understand data.
- Perform ad-hoc data tasks to enable product development and increasing our data coverage to ensure we are always at the forefront of the market.
- Ensure all data is displayed correctly on our analytics platform to maintain data integrity and product quality.
- University degree in Data, Science, Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics
- Proven working or degree level experience with SQL, R and Python
- Proven working experience as a data analyst
- Ability to retrieve, interrogate, manipulate and analyse data and presenting findings
- Knowledge of business intelligence tools for analyzing datasets - Power BI, Tableau desired, but not essential
- Interest in technology as a means to visualize, interrogate and report data
About S&P Global Platts
At S&P Global Platts, we provide the insights; you make better informed trading and business decisions with confidence. We’re the leading independent provider of information and benchmark prices for the commodities and energy markets. Customers in over 150 countries look to our expertise in news, pricing and analytics to deliver greater transparency and efficiency to markets. S&P Global Platts coverage includes oil and gas, power, petrochemicals, metals, agriculture and shipping.
S&P Global Platts is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.platts.com
To all recruitment agencies: S&P Global does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related to such resumes.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or other legally protected categories, subject to applicable law.