The Role: S&P Global Platts is looking for a Team Lead, Natural Gas Pricing on the North American Natural Gas Pricing team. The candidate will have managerial responsibility for all price assessment activity carried out in the North American natural gas business. This person will lead a team that produces commentaries, analysis, and price assessments related to their regional coverage of wholesale natural gas markets to help customers make informed trading and risk management decisions.
The Location: Houston, TX
The Team: The Natural Gas Pricing team analyzes trade and activity data and incorporates market knowledge in publishing price assessments used by clients. They also report on spot and forward prices and the factors moving markets. The team is collaborative and engages with the market through various mediums, including commentaries, stories, podcasts, blogs, and videos.
The Impact: You’ll manage a team that produces actionable and informative content in the industry leading Gas Daily publication and other Platts products. The benchmark daily and monthly price assessments are vital to our customers in providing price transparency to physical markets and to settle exchange and bilateral contracts. The content will inform customers regarding supply and demand developments, commodity flows, price trends, and infrastructure and regulatory issues.
What’s in it for you:
- Develop and maintain relationships with a broad base of industry contacts
- Engage with contacts regarding pricing and methodology development
- Build cross-commodity knowledge in LNG, oil, power, and coal markets
- Articulate expertise and thought-leadership through a variety of media
- Publish daily and monthly price assessments according to methodology
- Manage a team that publishes daily regional price commentaries describing key fundamental market drivers moving prices
- Attend and often lead customer meetings to learn about important issues facing market participants and translate to new products or adjustments to Platts offerings
- Work in partnership with internal stakeholders to ensure adherence to Platts Editorial Standards
What We’re Looking For: We are looking for someone who is able to tackle problems and act on opportunities. They should have a track record of delivering against targets and be comfortable with high levels of responsibility and accountability. They should lead by example to create a positive and collaborative work environment.
- Bachelor degree required
- At least 5 years of energy industry experience such as a reporting, writing, or analytical background
- Experience managing small teams
- Understanding of natural gas markets
- Graduate degree
- Physical natural gas market knowledge
- Price assessment experience