The role is part of the Market Intelligence Global Financial Reporting, Planning & Analysis team providing monthly reporting and analysis on financial performance across Revenue, Expense, EBITA and Balance Sheet.
The Manager, Financial Analysis is responsible for completing monthly consolidated Market Intelligence reporting for review by Senior Finance and Business Leadership.
The role will work with Global MI Finance team to complete variance explanations on actual and historical results compared to budget and prior year for onward reporting to S&P Global Corporate Accounting group and Finance leadership to include both P&L and Balance Sheet variance. In addition, the role will be involved in responding to both internal and external audit queries and ensuring full compliance internal controls (SOX) providing evidence as required.
The role also includes assisting with the preparation of presentations including Quarterly Financial Review, Quarterly Business Review and Board of Director meetings.
There will also be opportunities to get involved in ad-hoc projects with particular emphasis around process improvement and being part of a LEAN, efficient team focused on employing best practices.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance or part/fully qualified accountant with 2-4 years’ proven accounting and financial analysis experience of working in a Global Finance organization operating within a matrix business structure
- Experience with ERP (Oracle Financials) and Cognos TM1 is essential.
- Strong skills in MS Excel (pivot tables, V-lookups) and PowerPoint (ThinkCell an advantage).
- Solid analytical skills and strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and as a fully contributing member of a multi-locational team along with ability to work to challenging, often conflicting deadlines
- Strong Excel and Report building skills
- Quality – is attentive to detail and accuracy, is committed to excellence, looks for improvements continuously, monitors quality levels, finds root cause of quality problems, owns/act acts on quality problems
- Dependability – meets commitments, works independently, accepts accountability, handles changes, sets personal standards, stays focused under pressure and meets attendance/punctuality requirements.
- Productivity – manages a fair workload, volunteers for additional work, prioritizes tasks, develops good work procedures, manages time well and handles information flow.
- Create Superior Customer Value – cultivate long-term, strategic customer relationships by ensuring that the customer’s perspective is the driving force behind business activities, anticipate customer needs and understand criteria to determine whether success was achieved, accept responsibility for outcomes.
- Communicates Effectively – speak openly and clearly without hidden agendas, adapt your approach and your message to fit the audience. Seek input from others and use sound rationale to gain acceptance of ideas, listen actively and respond in a manner that promotes collaboration, persistently deliver important information and check for understanding to ensure your message is understood
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a leading provider of financial and industry data, research, news and analytics to investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities worldwide. We combine broad data, powerful analytics and deep sector intelligence to give our clients unrivaled insight into the companies and markets they follow.
Learn more at: http://marketintelligence.spglobal.com/
S&P Global includes Ratings, Market Intelligence, S&P Dow Jones Indices and Platts. Together, we’re the foremost providers of essential intelligence for the capital and commodities markets.