S&P Global Market Intelligence, a subsidiary of S&P Global, is currently searching for a Relationship Manager to join the Investment Banking & Private Equity segment based in Frankfurt. As the key partner for our clients the Relationship Management team master industry, product and financial knowledge to keep clients informed. Relationship Managers work with their clients to learn about the challenges and opportunities they face, and will discuss how Market Intelligence solutions can enable them to achieve value through their partnership within the organization.
In this role you will have the opportunity to immerse yourself in the exciting and constantly-evolving financial industry. You will get to work with clients within the Investment Banking & Private Equity segment in Europe; in doing so you will get to learn their business and help them understand how to get the most out of our products and tools.
The Career Opportunity:
You will have the opportunity to travel to client sites and work with a diverse range of professionals across the sector. You will also be incentivized and responsible for identifying new sales opportunities and working with our Sales Executives.
The Team / The Business:
The team is composed of experienced professionals within the Financial Services industry. The business has a casual and friendly atmosphere with an entrepreneurial spirit. We value team work and it is crucial that you are a team player in order to be successful within our organization.
- Responsible for a book of business, leverages relationships with existing accounts to grow and retain business to meet or exceed sales goals.
- Focuses on retaining business by ensuring a high level of client satisfaction.
- Communicates with clients regarding significant issues and directs their resolution.
- Leverages client feedback to generate integrated client solutions and product enhancements to enhance revenue.
- Maintains relationships with clients to retain revenue and provide proactive/reactive generation of sales leads and business development opportunities.
- Maintains awareness of market and industry trends, reviews all available collateral and develops an understanding of their competitive situation
- Provides regular account management reports to business management, daily updates on Salesforce.
- Fluent in German and English
- Bachelor’s degree required (Master is preferable)
- Proven experience working in the financial industry in a client facing or analytical role or information services industry (same industry as S&P Global Market Intelligence)
- Established relationship building and time management skills
- Strong ability to communicate with clients in a clear manner with strong presentation skills- High level of comfort and determination when dealing with challenging situations, i.e. objection handling, overcoming gatekeepers
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team-based environment
- Solid organization, multi-tasking and prioritization skills- Ability to pay close attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy
- Willingness to travel within Europe
- Strong MS office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) skills are required, and any knowledge of CRM databases (such as Salesforce.com) would be advantageous
S&P Global Market Intelligence
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important—some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/marketintelligence.