S&P Global Market Intelligence
The Role: At S&P Global Market Intelligence the infrastructure engineers actively monitors and responds via proper procedure to events or incidents in the company's IT infrastructure. Follows existing runbooks and protocols for timely resolution. Tackle problems related to network, database & server related issues and interact with service providers, vendors and end users in multiple geographies. Oversees incident, change & problem work flow and actively communicates with teams both vertically and horizontally regarding incidents and daily operations.
The Location: Islamabad, Pakistan
The Team: You will be joining a team of intelligent, ambitious and hard-working professionals responsible for the Infrastructure in IT Services domain.
What's in it for you: The role will expose the you to various facets of technology such as but not limited to: Networking, servers, storage, and Data Centers. The NOC Engineer will also have the opportunity to work with the Global IT team from locations such as US, Pakistan, India, and Philippines on a day to day basis.
- Resolve monitored or reported Infrastructure level IT incidents using approved response procedure and raise incidents if required.
- Follow standard alert response procedures to restore services quickly.
- Major/Crisis Incident Management.
- Fix complex issues that are either undocumented or require a discernment call in order to limit business impact.
- Create and maintains Incident, Problem, and Change records in response to alerts/events based on ITIL standards.
- Handle business-impacting issues and communicate to impacted audience following standard communication templates and protocols.
- Multitask to handle multiple priority tasks and Identify process improvements.
- Capture and scrutinize data to identify issues, opportunities and patterns.
- Write procedures and response documents.
- Analyze server, network and database-related issues and provide important updates.
- Solve issues related to Cisco routers/switches, WAN links and virtual/physical servers.
- Complete daily operational checks/tasks as assigned within pre-defined SLA.
- Help other teams in carrying out maintenance activities, such as Middle Tier releases, server patching and service providers as and when required.
- Possess at least Bachelor's/College Degree in Computer Science/Information Technology, Engineering (Computer/Telecommunication) or equivalent.
- At least 2 year(s) of demonstrable experience in handling IT operations
- Certification or certification training in CCNA or MCSE
- Linux servers
- Willingness to work any assigned shift/weekday as per operational requirements; shows a high degree of flexibility to ensure 24/7/365 NOC operations.
- Demonstrate excellent oral and written interpersonal skills.
- Possess strong problem analysis and decision-making ability.
- Be committed to exceptional customer service and support.
About S&P Global Market Intelligence
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important—some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research, and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand high-reaching and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies, and governments to make decisions with confidence.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or other legally protected categories, subject to applicable law.