S&P Global Ratings, a division of S&P Global, is the world's foremost provider of essential financial market intelligence, including independent credit ratings, indices, risk evaluation, investment research and data. With roughly 20,000 employees, including wholly owned affiliates, located in 21 countries, S&P Global is an essential part of the world's financial infrastructure and has played a leading role for more than 150 years in providing investors with the independent benchmarks they need to feel more confident about their investment and financial decisions.
The Team / The Business
The Local Government team has a strong collegial environment and friendly atmosphere. As a Director you would be expected to manage a complex portfolio of credits as well as help mentor more junior analysts. A lot of the work is completed independently, but every rating involves a team of analysts, so teamwork is very important. The pace is fairly rapid, so if the thought of working on one report by yourself for months sounds boring to you, you’d like this environment.
As a Director, you will analyze a portfolio of assigned entities as well as complex situations, data, and information, assess client’s financial projections and resolve difficult deal-specific analytical situations. This position is responsible for meeting with issuers and investors on analytical matters, assisting in resolving client needs, contributing to media requirements in conjunction with other senior members of the organization, and taking the lead at external meetings related to credits. Specifically, in this role, the analyst will:
- Rate complex deals, and proficiently write complex analytical reports.
- Serve to establish policy, lead criteria, policy, and analytical deliberations, identify and develop needed changes/innovations in rating methodology/criteria standards and the ratings process, and ensure that analytical guidelines, quality standards, procedures and policies established are adhered to for all credits.
- Act as a senior member of rating committees and be responsible for convening and conducting of rating committee deliberations in area of expertise, including acting as the rating committee chair and assuring the integrity of the rating process. Act as an active, vocal voting member of the committee.
- Function as a sector expert on credits. Publish timely industry commentaries, and proficiently write sector reviews and thought leadership pieces. Develop and lead ideas on papers across a broad range of issues for publication in S&P journals and other publications.
- Speaking publically and representing the company to external stakeholders.
- Mentor junior analysts on all aspects of credit analysis in the Local Government sector.
7+ years of Public Finance policy experience, preferably either in the financial services and/or Local Government sector.
Bachelor’s degree is required, Master’s degree a plus.
- Be equipped to ensure that analytical guidelines, quality standards, procedures and policies established are adhered to for all credits.
The incumbent should possess strong analytical, problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
The candidate should have the aptitude to be a team player, but also be able to work independently.
Demonstrated ability to coach and mentor analytical team members.
Strong communication, interpersonal and organizational management skills.
About S&P Global Ratings
S&P Global Ratings is the world’s leading provider of independent credit ratings. Our ratings are essential to driving growth, providing transparency and helping educate market participants so they can make decisions with confidence. We have more than 1 million credit ratings outstanding on government, corporate, financial sector and structured finance entities and securities. We offer an independent view of the market built on a unique combination of broad perspective and local insight. We provide our opinions and research about relative credit risk; market participants gain independent information to help support the growth of transparent, liquid debt markets worldwide.
S&P Global Ratings is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence.For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/ratings
To all recruitment agencies: S&P Global does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related to such resumes.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.