S&P Global Platts
The Role: We are seeking an experienced Editor able to develop and drive our biofuels market coverage in Asia Pacific and help build benchmark pricing in this key area. You will be based in Singapore and will form part of a team spanning the globe, liaising and collaborating with colleagues also based in Switzerland, London, USA and Brazil.
Primary responsibility will be reporting on destination trading activity in the Asia Pacific region, assessing those markets based on physical bids, offers and traded information and in line with Platts published methodology; writing a daily and weekly commentary and assessment rationale explaining the trends driving prices; and driving news stories output on ethanol during the course of market coverage.
Secondary responsibilities will include developing market contacts; identifying opportunities to improve methodology or launch new price assessments; representing Platts at industry events as well as in face-to-face meetings with market participants; presenting at conferences; undertaking webinars, podcasts or other editorial initiatives; and any other relevant activities to help develop Platts role in the Agricultural commodity sector.
Your Skills & Experience:
- Excellent verbal communication skills with the ability to interact with a wide range of role types and personalities, internally and externally
- Clear, concise English writing skills – prior experience or training in journalism preferred
- Preferred fluency in Chinese and/or Japanese due to the need to engage market partcipants in China/Japan
- Strong numeracy skills and the ability to apply basic math functions in Excel
- Minimum two years’ experience of biofuels or agricultural commodity markets
- A solid understanding of economics principles
- Ability to multitask and work under tight deadlines
- Energy, tenacity and ambition to excel in a fast-paced news environment
- Degree in Mathematics, Economics, Finance or Business will be advantageous
S&P Global Platts
At S&P Global Platts, we provide the insights; you make better informed trading and business decisions with confidence. We’re the leading independent provider of information and benchmark prices for the commodities and energy markets. Customers in over 150 countries look to our expertise in news, pricing and analytics to deliver greater transparency and efficiency to markets. S&P Global Platts coverage includes oil and gas, power, petrochemicals, metals, agriculture and shipping.
S&P Global Platts is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.platts.com.