The Role: We are looking for a credit analyst to join our team at the Associate Director level, to be based in any of our European Offices but preferably in either Stockholm or Frankfurt.
- Manage and maintain surveillance on a rating portfolio of about 15-17 credits in either our Business Services or Forest Products and Containers & Packaging sectors.
- Perform credit analysis demonstrating the ability to understand and identify key factors that affect issue and issuer credit ratings, through the application of the relevant S&P Global Corporate Ratings criteria.
- Lead new transaction and issuer ratings analysis and deliver outcomes in a timely, orderly and insightful manner.
- Develop and maintain an understanding of industry trends and issues.
- Take responsibility for a portfolio of ratings as a primary analyst.
- Act as backup analyst as required, attending meetings in support of colleagues, providing cover for colleagues who are temporarily unavailable due to holidays or business travel.
- Actively participate in rating committees.
- Attend meetings and interact with senior management of issuers to obtain information upon which to base credit rating decisions.
- Present findings and opinions to a credit rating committee.
- Prepare a variety of material suitable for publication on S&P Global Ratings credit portal and other media (such as rating reports, press releases, and detailed commentaries) sufficient to disseminate and explain our ratings on a timely basis.
- Perform periodic portfolio reviews in conjunction with the rest of the team.
- Participate actively in publishing and investor outreach activities.
- Share specific analytical expertise, any useful know how, and ideas to support continuous improvement.
- Be an analytical role model for colleagues and junior analysts.
- Maintain integrity of analytical or compliance related databases as appropriate.
The Impact: The individual will be able to demonstrate analytical excellence, and good presentation skills in front of internal and external audiences, and maintain and enhance the quality and timeliness of our analysis. Moreover, you must demonstrate an ability to work at board level and represent S&P Global Ratings in a highly professional manner to global investors. You will be required to prepare and lead meetings with senior management teams to extract and assess information relating to credit quality and to explain our credit rating opinions. Strong presentation and organizational skills are also required to present detailed information and reasoned opinions to our credit rating committees.
The Career Opportunity: This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a high performing analytical team with good potential for professional development.
Your Skills: The successful candidate will have an established track record in credit analysis and will be proficient at doing research and drafting issuer and sector analysis, with strong communication skills (both written and verbal), and a passion for service excellence.
- Significant experience with a large commercial bank, investment bank, investing institution or an audit company, or other credit institutions, working in the field of corporate credit analysis.
- Have strong analytical skills with a deep understanding of financial statements and accounting concepts.
- Be numerate and accurate with figures and detail orientated with the ability to maintain accuracy whilst complying with deadlines.
- Be proficient at working with financial models.
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English are essential.
- Fluency in other European languages, particularly German will also be an advantage.
- The ability to work both independently and within a team environment is critical.
- Be educated to degree level in a relevant business related field, a relevant Master’s degree, CFA or financial qualification would be desirable.
- Be willing to travel, sometimes at short notice.
- Be computer literate having strong Excel/Word/PowerPoint and database application skills. Ability to prepare forecasts based upon reasoned assumptions will be required.
- Possess solid communication skills, verbal and written, as well as the capacity to expand learn and to make a contribution.
- Prior knowledge of the Container & Packaging or Forest and Paper Products sectors would also be an advantage.
About S&P Global
At S&P Global, we don’t give you intelligence—we give you essential intelligence. The essential intelligence you need to make decisions with conviction. We’re the world’s foremost provider of credit ratings, benchmarks and analytics in the global capital and commodity markets. Our divisions include S&P Global Ratings, S&P Global Market Intelligence, S&P Dow Jones Indices and S&P Global Platts.
S&P Global Ratings is the world’s leading provider of independent credit ratings. Our ratings are essential to driving growth, providing transparency and helping educate market participants so they can make decisions with confidence. We have more than 1 million credit ratings outstanding on government, corporate, financial sector and structured finance entities and securities. We offer an independent view of the market built on a unique combination of broad perspective and local insight. We provide our opinions and research about relative credit risk; market participants gain independent information to help support the growth of transparent, liquid debt markets worldwide.
S&P Global Ratings is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/ratings