The Role: We are looking for a junior credit analyst to join our team, to be based in our Frankfurt or Stockholm office.
- Produce relevant, high quality and complete credit analysis that demonstrates an understanding of S&P Global Rating’s approach. This includes a business analysis and financial analysis highlighting the key SWOT, a peer analysis and an overall recommendation.
- Actively participate in rating committees.
- Conduct periodic and event driven surveillance of existing Ratings.
- In time, represent S&P Global Ratings to the external market, interacting with and presenting to external investors and other market participants.
- Assist with ad-hoc projects as required.
- Support continuous improvement initiatives.
- Maintain integrity of analytical or compliance related databases as appropriate.
The Impact: The candidate will receive credit analysis training on corporate ratings, before undertaking specific analytical tasks. The candidate will have the potential to quickly gain an understanding of S&P Global Ratings methodology policies and procedures as well as knowledge of qualitative and quantitative aspects of corporate ratings analysis.
The Career Opportunity: This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a high performing analytical team with good potential for professional development.
Your Skills: The successful candidate will ideally have some working experience in corporate credit analysis, and will possess the ability to undertake analytical work and will be proficient at doing research and drafting issuer and sector analysis based on fundamental analysis and forward looking opinions.
- A higher university degree in Finance/Economics or another relevant subject area
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Solid knowledge of credit analysis mechanisms, accounting principles, ability to understand company financial statements and legal and financial documentation;
- Experience of analysing company’s in the Construction and Materials industries would be an advantage
- Ability to write sound and complete analysis.
- Good knowledge of computer software, in particular MS Excel.
- Familiarity with financial modelling.
- Fluent in business English and knowledge of a second European language would be an advantage.
- Effective management of own workflows, elevating problems to manager in a timely manner
- Flexible and open mind-set and excellent interpersonal skills
- The successful candidate should be able to work independently within a team and multi-cultural environment.
- Prior knowledge of the Container & Packaging or Forest and Paper Products sectors would also be an advantage.
About S&P Global
At S&P Global, we don’t give you intelligence—we give you essential intelligence. The essential intelligence you need to make decisions with conviction. We’re the world’s foremost provider of credit ratings, benchmarks and analytics in the global capital and commodity markets. Our divisions include S&P Global Ratings, S&P Global Market Intelligence, S&P Dow Jones Indices and S&P Global Platts.
S&P Global Ratings is the world’s leading provider of independent credit ratings. Our ratings are essential to driving growth, providing transparency and helping educate market participants so they can make decisions with confidence. We have more than 1 million credit ratings outstanding on government, corporate, financial sector and structured finance entities and securities. We offer an independent view of the market built on a unique combination of broad perspective and local insight. We provide our opinions and research about relative credit risk; market participants gain independent information to help support the growth of transparent, liquid debt markets worldwide.
S&P Global Ratings is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/ratings