The Role: Structured Finance Ratings - Document Review Analyst (Associate)
The Location: Charlottesville, Virginia
The Team: The Associate will provide document review support for analysts that assign and surveil ratings on Collateralized Loan Obligations and Commercial Mortgage Backed Securities.
The Impact: The Associate will support primary analysts by reviewing the structural provisions of document terms in collateralized loan obligations (CLO) and commercial mortgage backed securities (CMBS) transactions for consistency with our criteria and identifying unique deal features or provisions. The successful candidate will also assist surveillance analysts in reviewing amendments to existing CLO and CMBS transaction documents as part of our surveillance of existing CLO and CMBS ratings. Training will be provided to help the Associate gain an understanding of our criteria and methodology, as well as how the criteria and methodology are typically represented in the transaction documents. The Associate will also be responsible for supporting the analysts in discussions with transaction parties including the arrangers, servicers and their counsel as needed. The Associate will be expected to identify and highlight trends in the document terms that may be relevant to our view of the credit risk. The Associate will be based in our Charlottesville, Virginia office providing support to analysts based in New York, Denver, Houston and San Francisco.
What’s in it for you: As an integral member of both teams you will:
- Gain exposure to a wide range of CMBS and CLO transactions;
- Learn the fundamentals of our approach to analyzing securitization;
- Have opportunities to participate in a broad range of credit activities as your career develops; and
- Enjoy the benefits of a culture that emphasizes collegiality and work-life balance.
Responsibilities: Provide support to the CLO and CMBS new issue and surveillance analysts by:
- Reviewing transaction documents;
- Providing written feedback to the analysts on the transaction structure;
- Highlighting consistencies and inconsistencies with our criteria;
- Supporting the analysts in discussions with transaction parties including the arrangers, servicers and their counsel as needed; and
- Highlighting trends in the document terms that may be relevant to our view of the credit risk.
What We’re Looking For:
- JD required;
- 1+ years’ experience with securitization documents, preferably CLO and/or CMBS
- Ability to work well within a team
- Ability to work in a deadline-driven environment
- Ability to be highly organized, detail-oriented and to multitask
About S&P Global Ratings
S&P Global Ratings is the world’s leading provider of independent credit ratings. Our ratings are essential to driving growth, providing transparency and helping educate market participants so they can make decisions with confidence. We have more than 1 million credit ratings outstanding on government, corporate, financial sector and structured finance entities and securities. We offer an independent view of the market built on a unique combination of broad perspective and local insight. We provide our opinions and research about relative credit risk; market participants gain independent information to help support the growth of transparent, liquid debt markets worldwide.
S&P Global Ratings is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/ratings
To all recruitment agencies: S&P Global does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related such resumes.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.