Software Engineer Job Description
Role: As a Software Engineer, you will build Enterprise strength Web and Feed Products that will enable S&P CapitalIQ to serve-up value-added Ratings, Research and related information to the Institutional clients.
Impact: Contribute significantly to the growth of the firm by
- Developing innovative functionality in existing and new products
- Supporting and maintaining high revenue productionized products
- Achieve the above intelligently and economically using best practices
Career: This is the place to hone your existing Middleware and Database skills while having the chance to become exposed to fresh technologies. As an experienced member of the team, you will have the opportunity to mentor and coach developers who have recently graduated and collaborate with developers, business analysts and product managers who are experts in their domain.
The team/business: As a Software Engineer, you will work with a team of intelligent, ambitious and hard-working software professionals recruited from top universities and industries. The team is responsible for the architecture, design and development of enterprise web, desktop and feed products.
Your skills: You should be able to demonstrate that you have an outstanding knowledge and hands-on experience in the below areas:
- Complete SDLC: architecture, design, development and support of tech solutions
- Play a key role in the development team to build high-quality, high-performance, scalable code
- Engineer components, and common services based on standard corporate development models, languages and tools
- Produce technical design documents and conduct technical walkthroughs
- Collaborate effectively with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Be part of a culture to continuously improve the technical design and code base
- Document and demonstrate solutions using Technical design docs, diagrams and stubbed code
Our Hiring Manager says: I’m looking for a person that gets excited about technology and motivated by seeing how our individual contribution and team work to the world class web, desktop and feed products affect the workflow of 1000s of clients resulting in revenue for the company.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or Engineering.
- Business level Japanese and English.
- 3+ years of significant experience in web development using Java Core & Enterprise or C#.NET, ASP.NET MVC and Web API
- Superior knowledge of system architecture, object-oriented design, and design patterns.
- Substantial work experience using any of the Java script packages such as jQuery, Ember.js or ExtJS
- Proficient with software development lifecycle (SDLC) methodologies like Agile, Test-driven development.
- Understanding of financial markets and asset classes like Equity, Commodity, Fixed Income, Options, Index/Benchmarks is desirable.