The Role: Senior Reporter, Global Metals & Mining
The Location: Australia
The Team: We are an international team and is passionate about generating lively, authoritative copy for a discerning audience.
The Impact: Our real-time, subscription-based news service reaches an influential readership, including mining executives, investment bankers, credit risk analysts, buy- and sell-side teams, and regulators. The news we provide is a pivotal part of S&P Global Market Intelligence's highly valued product offering.
What’s in it for you: This is a demanding reporting role that comes with an attractive remuneration package. As part of our growing newsroom, staff have the opportunity to move up into editorial leadership roles within S&P Global Market Intelligence and across the entire S&P Global group. Our extensive database of market, regulatory and corporate data offers ample opportunities to enrich your ability to deliver high-quality news.
- use your deep understanding of mining companies, the mined commodities and the financial markets to produce several insightful news and analysis stories a week
- You will be pivotal in shaping our coverage and tell stories using the full range of our formats, from breaking news to feature-length reportage, bolstered by in-house data sources
- There will be opportunities for travelling to industry conferences and other networking events
- You will also use your leadership skills and deep sector knowledge to coach and mentor other team members
What we’re looking for:
- Extensive experience and a strong track record reporting on the mining and/or commodities sector
- A thorough understanding of the mining/commodities industry and its interplay with regional and global politics as well as with financial markets
- An impressive set of contacts among industry players especially in Australia and the wider Asia-Pacific region, and a flair for using industry conferences to add to the contact list
- An ability to set our short-, medium and long-term news coverage agenda in collaboration with other reporters and editors, to daily and weekly deadlines
- A passion for telling data driven stories and a commitment to work with in-house and external market intelligence data and graphics to enhance our coverage, requiring collaboration with internal and external stakeholders
- Experience mentoring and coaching other reporters
- Fluency in English necessary. Knowledge of other languages is highly desirable
Candidates will need to provide samples of recently published work and pass an in-house writing test prior to interviews with the team.
S&P Global Market Intelligence
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important—some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/marketintelligence.