This position will assist the non-US Indirect Tax Director to manage EMEA indirect tax compliance, including related statutory filings, accounts, audits and tax claims across the region.
The Team: The successful candidate will be part of the global tax team. The candidate will be, or already is, considered a subject matter expert in the industry; being a team player is of utmost importance in this role.
The Impact: The successful candidate will ideally have expert knowledge in International VAT to be able to manage the organizations’ compliance obligations.
What’s in it for you:
- Growth and high-visibility as an expert in the field
- Opportunities to advance within the team and the company
- Learn about global markets
- Exposure to global key projects
- Manage the preparation of UK VAT returns and payments, supporting work papers, and VAT accounting. Additionally, provide advice in respect of international compliance issues and queries from tax authorities and auditors.
- Provide support to local controllers and, where relevant, external advisors on the preparation and submission of local VAT returns.
- Implement the compliance necessary to meet the VAT obligations arising from the delivery of electronic services, and liaise with and guide business contacts to ensure that billing is performed in the most efficient manner.
- Working with external advisors to manage VAT obligations in all applicable countries relating to international conference activities.
- Supporting the Indirect Tax Direct as a technical resource on the use of the Oracle VAT module and AGIS, and ensure a consistent approach to VAT accounting and reporting is taken in every country across the region.
- Assist in developing and maintaining indirect tax accounting policies and procedures. Additionally, responsible for preparing and reviewing reconciliations of various indirect tax accounts.
- Lead the development and implementation of Global T&E VAT recovery policies and procedures. Coordinate external advisors to manage all applicable VAT claims and related queries.
- Assist the Indirect Tax Director with VAT advice on tax projects, M&A and Transfer Pricing; other analysis and research as appropriate.
- Principal counsel to Accounts payable and Accounts receivable on all VAT related billing queries, including, but not limited to, coding, changes in rate and places of supply.
• Recognised tax or accounting qualification e.g. CA or CTA
• Good understanding of indirect tax laws and regulations to assist business divisions in efficiently achieving their goals.
• Experience in compiling VAT returns and claims in multiple countries.
• Good knowledge of VAT Accounting.
• Understands and applies knowledge of business divisions to optimize organization’s indirect tax strategy.
• Ability to challenge standard practices appropriately, with the right level of gravitas and influence.
• Well-organized and detail-oriented with strong analytical skills and experience of process improvement.
• Ability to manage multiple priorities, use own initiative, and work under pressure to deliver to tight deadlines.
• Technically proficient in Microsoft office suite (especially Excel), also knowledge of Oracle.
Position must be able to:
• identify, evaluate, and resolve complex issues related to tax processes.
• recognize relationships between reports, accounts, processes and reconciliations in order to identify and resolve issues that can arise.
• identify and interact with various contacts to resolve issues.
• liaise with international contacts across many cultures and languages.