S&P Global is seeking a Director of Business Analytics & Insights to report to the Global Technology Chief Operating Officer. This position will be responsible for delivering data-driven insights to Technology, Finance, and business partners through monthly reporting and performance metrics. This role drives greater transparency and accountability within the Technology organization, and will work across functions to provide data, answer questions, identify success metrics, and automate reporting processes. Additionally, a successful candidate will serve as a financial partner, focusing on financial analytics as well as operational and process improvements, while leading the implementation of a technology and financial management planning tool. The role will have significant impact and visibility to senior management and will support critical decision-making.
This role will be part of a dynamic team that provides financial analysis and support, business analytics and performance management, digital strategy and transformation, IT audit and compliance support, and project and portfolio management to the Technology organization.
- Drive and manage monthly reporting processes for the Technology organization to monitor performance and provide data-driven insights
- Partner with Technology leaders to gather data and communicate the value of key initiatives
- Build and implement a Service Catalog for the Technology organization
- Lead the implementation and adoption of Apptio, a technology and financial management planning tool
- Work with partners in S&P Global’s four business divisions to design and configure relevant reports within Apptio
- Utilize Apptio to determine areas for optimization and cost reductions across Global Technology
- Drive the development of business cases and financial analytics
- Prepare presentations and provide ad-hoc reporting for internal management meetings and meetings with the Board of Directors
- Set direction for and manage a team of analysts within the Chief Operating Officer’s team
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Engineering, Computer Science or other relevant field; Master’s Degree preferred
- 8 years of related experience, including some managerial experience
- Proficiency with Excel (basic macro knowledge a plus), PowerPoint, BI tools (e.g., Qlikview, Tableau, Microsoft PowerBI)
- Knowledge and understanding of Technology and Financial Analysis
- Knowledge and understanding of technology, process improvement, technology business management, financial management, financial chargeback / allocations, data management and visualization
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize in a dynamic work environment
- Outstanding presentation and interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact effectively with senior management
About S&P Global
At S&P Global, we don’t give you intelligence—we give you essential intelligence. The essential intelligence you need to make decisions with conviction. We’re the world’s foremost provider of ratings, benchmarks and analytics in the global capital and commodity markets. Our divisions include:
- S&P Global Ratings, which provides credit ratings, research and insights essential to driving growth and transparency.
- S&P Global Market Intelligence, which provides insights into companies, markets and data so that business and financial decisions can be made with conviction.
- S&P Dow Jones Indices, the world’s largest resource for iconic and innovative indices, which helps investors pinpoint global opportunities.
- S&P Global Platts, which equips customers to identify and seize opportunities in energy and commodities, stimulating business growth and market transparency.
Additional information is available at www.spglobal.com/careers
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to email@example.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate individual