The Role: Sponsorship, Sales Representative - Conferences, Platts
The Location: London
Platts is seeking an sponsorship sales executive to play a leading role in the growth of our global energy conference business, selling sponsorship and exhibit opportunities for our EMEA conferences, Global Metals Awards Sponsorship & Advertising in Insights Magazine and market reports.
Developing a new business account database, while maintaining existing accounts.
Prospecting, qualifying potential clients and closing sales.
Coordinating sales with Awards producer, marketers and conference producers to ensure timely completion of conference agendas, call for nominations and meet publishing deadlines for print ads.
Coordinating and fulfilling post-sale logistics leading up to conference, including chasing for ads, logos, guests names etc.
Working with vendors to coordinate printing, production and delivery of sponsorship items.
What’s in it for you:
Working with the Market Leader within the Commodities Pricing, Analytics, Data & News. You will build internal & external networks of industry experts, organizing sponsored events to drive future success.
- Accountable for sales targets of approx. $350K annually from selling up to 10 conferences and awards as well as advertising
- Working with existing and new customers to promote conferences
- Occasional travel to conferences and/or face to face client meetings
- Extensive coordination with 4 events producers, 3 marketers and 3 operations managers
- Regular meetings and ongoing communication
- Proactively Stay informed on the payment status of each client prior to the event in order to assist collection of debt
What We’re Looking For:
- Previous business-to-business sales experience (2-3 years preferred), selling sponsorship and exhibit opportunities for commercial conferences & Events
- Previous experience in Advertising Sales highly desirable
- Candidates must have strong written and verbal/phone communications. 95% sales are conducted over the phone and 60% is new business/cold calling
- The successful candidate with be well-organized, self-motivated, energetic, think outside the box and entrepreneurial, and will be able to work on multiple assignments in a fast-paced, team-orientated environment.
- Knowledge of the energy & commodity trading industry is a strong advantage
- Need to manage 250-300 clients spread over 10 events each with finite sales opportunities. Essential to match specific client need with appropriate topic matter. Need to sell intangible product with short sales cycle
- Attention to details
- Maintain contact lists on SalesForce and/or Events specific database
- Coordinate with global sales teams
- Actual Sales
- Invoice requests set up on the system
- European language an asset
- Formal Sales training
- Business writing skills with strong focus on sales proposals
- Strong Listening and questioning skills
S&P Global Platts
At S&P Global Platts, we provide the insights; you make better informed trading and business decisions with confidence. We’re the leading independent provider of information and benchmark prices for the commodities and energy markets. Customers in over 150 countries look to our expertise in news, pricing and analytics to deliver greater transparency and efficiency to markets. S&P Global Platts coverage includes oil and gas, power, petrochemicals, metals, agriculture and shipping.
S&P Global Platts is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.platts.com.