The ideal candidate will possess extensive B2B marketing experience within the financial services industry that includes developing and executing programs aligned to quantifiable KPIs. Leadership skills are required to manage complex marketing initiatives and collaborate with partners and stakeholders, as well as 1-2 marketing specialists. Strong written and presentation communication skills are critical – you must be equally comfortable editing copy for brochures to creating and presenting strategy decks to leadership. The candidate must demonstrate their understanding of our core product messaging and ability to leverage the full complement of print and digital marketing channels. Familiarity with financial information platforms such as S&P Capital IQ or SNL Financial is an advantage. Familiarity with marketing platforms such as Marketo and Salesforce is a plus.
- Conduct regular discovery meetings with Commercial and Product team members to develop and execute an integrated marketing strategy for the Capital Markets segment.
- Manage a team of marketers to create and execute regional campaigns and persona buyer journeys that align up to the global capital markets marketing strategy.
- Maintain an up-to-date understanding of our solutions and competitive landscape to create engaging diagnostic messaging aligned to personas; proactively provide direction on how best to reach a target market leveraging the full complement of the marketing mix.
- Oversee timely maintenance of S&P Global Market Intelligence’s Capital Markets-related materials. Review and manage collateral and website content for diagnostic approach, relevance, and compliance; obtain and analyze feedback to improve content and features; perform quality checks to eliminate errors; and work with digital and brand teams to maintain voice consistency.
- Utilize Marketo to execute programs; Create and manage web and social media content assets, and SEO and SEM programs.
- Partner with Events Marketing to ensure event strategy is aligned to product launch and thought leadership objectives; set and proactively collect event ROI metrics.
- Leverage content from internal thought leaders and recommend new topics to enhance client and prospect engagement for S&P Global Market Intelligence’s solutions.
- Provide analysis of the effectiveness of marketing campaigns and measure against industry benchmarks. Compile, analyze and present marketing campaign/program results to management.
- Provide editing support to junior marketing team members to ensure proper application of the diagnostic approach for related personas.
- Follow appropriate content creation workflows and coordinates with Creative Services to ensure alignment with brand and efficient production of materials.
- 7+ years in a B2B financial services marketing role or similar experience; marketing leadership experience required
- Experience working within, or marketing to, the markets and personas covered by S&P Global Market Intelligence
- Deep understanding of S&P Global Market Intelligence’s solutions and competitive positioning
- Proven ability to proactively develop and execute multiple marketing programs and buyer journeys simultaneously, and deliver excellent results on deadline
- Experience leveraging print, digital, social, and event channels to drive marketing campaigns, within a global marketing budget, at a high-quality
- Strong analytical abilities and data-driven thinking; comfort with understanding/communicating marketing KPIs and metrics to senior stakeholders
- Proactive and independent worker, who also is a team player that can build strong relationships with stakeholders
- Strong presentation skills, as well as written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate effectively with all levels of team and management
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Able to manage campaign budgets and communicate effectively with Creative teams and agencies
- Familiarity with Salesforce CRM and Marketo marketing automation desired
S&P Global Market Intelligence’s Senior Marketing Managers work directly with the Global Marketing Director and product and sales leaders to craft marketing strategy, tactical goals, and key performance metrics for our target audiences within Capital Markets. This role is responsible proactively developing creative global internal and external campaigns to launch product, build brand awareness, and drive pipeline and usage for our solutions.