S&P Global Market Intelligence
The Role: Senior User Experience Designer
The Location: New York City OR Charlottesville, VA
The Team: The User Experience Research & Design Team is a small but influential team of UX designers providing interaction design, end user research and visual design expertise in support of the S&P Global Market Intelligence web and mobile platform, as well as variety of other digital products. We own and maintain the style guide and work to ensure a consistent user experience for our customers. We strive to create an environment where thoughtful design can flourish even as we meet the many critical demands made on us.
The Impact: The world of finance is fast-paced and intensive. Our users need tools to be designed in a way that allows them to soar—find things quickly and easily; perform their work fluidly, in a way that matches how they think and speak about work; collaborate with others seamlessly. There are enormous opportunities for this role to greatly impact the working life, and business success, of thousands of financial professionals and hundreds of firms, through thoughtful UX research and design.
What’s in it for you:
- Design key aspects of a product used by more than 100,000 financial professionals
- Lead small groups in intellectually stimulating design projects
- Potential for advancement
- Very competitive compensation
- Work-life balance
- Requirements elicitation
- Design project leadership – you’re given a new feature or enhancement and asked to “make it happen” by reaching out key stakeholders and driving to a consensus on how to realize it.
- Design communication and documentation through annotated wireframe creation
- Interactive prototyping
- Usability testing
- User research
What We’re Looking For:
- At least 3 years of UX experience
- High degree of comfort navigating a large organization, building relationships, selling ideas with diplomacy, working and communicating effectively with people at all levels of seniority
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to curate, synthesize, and distill to bring clarity to design and communications
- Adept at moderating and facilitating design discussions
- Project Management skills – not necessary to be a certified project manager, but someone with a sense of urgency when required, and a head for scheduling and planning, who can efficiently and effectively guide a small group towards a goal, set up meetings, delegate, etc.
- Experience planning and conducting usability testing
- Very strong digital product design sensibility
- Comfort with one or more UI prototyping tools and flexibility to adopt a new one
- Basic proficiency with Excel
- Bachelor’s degree with a focus in HCI, Design or a related field
- Advanced Excel function proficiency including pivot tables and macros
- Financial Technology (FinTech) knowledge or experience
About S&P Global Market Intelligence
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important—some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit, S&P Global Market Intelligence
To all recruitment agencies: S&P Global does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related to such resumes.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.