The Role: Sr Data Researcher II
Do you love data? In this entry-level role, you will load, scrub, and audit power plant data. You will become an authority on the key data points that we cover, learning the core operations of the business and industry metrics reported by these energy producers. A clear and collaborative communicator, you will break down complex topics to both colleagues and external contacts when seeking clarity on ad-hoc data questions.
The Location: Boulder, CO
The Team: This is a highly-collaborative team that solves problems and works through complex topics together. Located adjacent to Boulder’s Pearl Street Mall, team members enjoy a wide array of restaurants, entertainment, and events.
The Impact: Market Intelligence is the single best source for news, data and research for the energy industry. Our data is scrubbed and delivered to customers in real-time. Your keen eye for detail and dedication to quality assurance will support our 100% accuracy guarantee to clients.
What’s in it for you:
- Gain exposure to the US power industry fundamentals
- Learn how to handle large data sets in a time sensitive environment
- Have the opportunity to collaborate on projects that introduce new data into the MI product
- Gain experience working with relational databases
- Collect and process energy asset data in a timely manner
- Respond to Client inquiries about various data sets
- Build new processes and update existing processes to improve the accuracy and collection speed
- Monitor EIA and FERC regulatory changes
- Help design and implement new database structures and processes
- Act as a contact person for the energy development teams and provide user acceptance testing for new applications
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelors’ degree in Math, Business or related field
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office (word, Excel, etc)
- Experience using database tools such as R, Python, SQL, SAS, or SPSS
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important—some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of merit, capability and equality of opportunity, and without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law, or any other characteristic that has no bearing on a person’s ability to perform his or her job.
Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Posterhttp://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.