The Role: We are seeking a Russian speaking experienced Editor able to develop and drive our grain market coverage in EMEA – most particularly in the Black Sea region - and help build benchmark pricing in this key area. This is an exciting opportunity to drive adoption of Platts existing price assessments, taking them into the next phase of their development.
You will be based in London and will form part of a team spanning the globe, liaising and collaborating with colleagues also based in Switzerland, Singapore, USA and Brazil.
Primary responsibility will be reporting on trading activity in the Black Sea wheat and corn markets, assessing those markets based on physical bids, offers and traded information and in line with Platts published methodology; writing a commentary and assessment rationale explaining the trends driving prices and the reason why prices have been assessed the way they have; and writing news stories during the course of market coverage.
Secondary responsibilities will include managing and building our database of contacts; identifying opportunities to improve methodology or launch new price assessments; representing Platts at industry events as well as in face-to-face meetings with market participants; presenting at conferences; undertaking webinars, podcasts or other editorial initiatives; and any other relevant activities to help develop Platts role in the Agricultural commodity sector.
Your Skills & Experience:
- Fluent in Russian; additional fluency in French or Spanish preferred
- Clear, concise English writing skills – prior experience or training in journalism preferred range of role types and personalities, internally and externally
- Understanding or experience in agriculture markets(grains, soy, coffee, sugar, tea)
- Excellent verbal communication skills with the ability to interact with different stakeholders
- Strong numeracy skills and the ability to apply basic math functions in Excel
- Experience of global agricultural commodity markets – accompanying awareness of exchange traded derivatives preferred
- A solid understanding of economics principles
- Ability to multitask and work under tight deadlines
- Energy, tenacity and ambition to excel in a fast-paced news environment
- Degree in Mathematics, Economics, Finance or Business preferred
Open Date: 28th November 2017
Closing Date: 28th December 2017
Competitive Salary + Benefits + Bonus
About S&P Global
At S&P Global, we don’t give you intelligence—we give you essential intelligence. The essential intelligence you need to make decisions with conviction. We’re the world’s foremost provider of credit ratings, benchmarks and analytics in the global capital and commodity markets. Our divisions include S&P Global Ratings, S&P Global Market Intelligence, S&P Dow Jones Indices and S&P Global Platts.
S&P Global Platts
At S&P Global Platts, we provide the insights; you make better informed trading and business decisions with confidence. We’re the leading independent provider of information and benchmark prices for the commodities and energy markets. Customers in over 150 countries look to our expertise in news, pricing and analytics to deliver greater transparency and efficiency to markets. S&P Global Platts coverage includes oil and gas, power, petrochemicals, metals, agriculture and shipping. For more information, visit www.platts.com.