The Role: Sales Development Manager
Location: New York, New York
The Impact: You will be responsible for the training and coaching of all sales and account management employees across the Americas at S&P Global Market Intelligence. You will design, implement and deliver training programs using our diagnostic sales approach, developing the teams’ skills necessary to achieve short and long-term revenue targets. You will partner with Commercial Team Leadership, to identify both individual and team performance gaps, and tailor sessions and programs accordingly. You will deliver group training in the classroom, and individual coaching in the office and out in the field, with the ultimate goal to improve sales proficiency throughout the organization. This person will play a key role in helping the transformation of our combined Commercial team, working closely with management as well as HR and Sales Operations.
The Team: Our Team supports the Commercial Team on achieving their sales and renewal and retention goals. We are a highly-collaborative, creative, dynamic, groundbreaking global team who work together on key initiatives to drive commercial performance.
About You: Your background will be an accomplished sales executive or relationship manager, with a real passion for coaching and training. Previous exposure to onboarding, training or coaching sales or relationship managers at all levels. Have knowledge of the PRG diagnostic methodology and also our internal sales and relationship management processes, and be able to articulate, teach and coach these confidently.
- Design and implement training on the diagnostic sales approach for new and tenured Commercial Team members.
- Ensure new starters understand and apply the Diagnostic technique for their certifications
- Travel regularly with Sales Executives and Relationship Managers to reinforce diagnostic sales concepts and other skills.
- Observe sales calls, product demonstrations, and client training sessions. Provide mentoring and initiate training plans, in collaboration with managers. Make program recommendations to managers and other partners based on common feedback/observations.
- Coach Managers on diagnostic approach and how to reinforce it with their teams. Build forums for coaching on pipeline management and stuck deals, in cooperation with Managers.
- Appraise and ensure quality and effectiveness of any externally delivered courses.
- Liaise with HR on projects including recruiting and career path coaching.
- Maintain and advertise training calendar, monitor enrollments, review program evaluations, prepare training metrics, recommend program changes, and update management, as required.
- Develop and implement online learning and monitor usage, as required.
- Support other Commercial Education team projects and complete other assignments as required and/or assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, preferably in a finance discipline or relevant work experience
- 2-4 years selling/relationship management or equivalent experience required.
- Advanced understanding of finance industry and marketing and sales of financial services and products to customer base.
- Motivated individual with exceptional analytical skills
- Excellent communication, written and verbal
- Strong PowerPoint (or similar software) skills
- Experience with the PRG framework/Consultative Selling style (desirable, not necessary)
- Experience with webinar technologies (desirable, not necessary)
- Working knowledge of SPGMI products (highly desirable, not necessary)
- Ability and willingness to travel. This position requires occasional day and overnight trips away from the home office.
- Proficiency in Spanish or Portuguese (desirable, not necessary)
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important—some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit, S&P Global Market Intelligence
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of merit, capability and equality of opportunity, and without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law, or any other characteristic that has no bearing on a person’s ability to perform his or her job.
Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.