We are looking for a highly skilled individual to join our Corporate Ratings group as Credit Ratings Analyst within the Real Estate team in Frankfurt, Germany. The right candidate will have experience of conducting credit analysis on corporates. You will:
- Have the flexibility and adaptability to rapidly pick up credit surveillance on a rating portfolio of credits. The role will be focused on Real Estate credits.
- Perform credit analysis by demonstrating the ability to understand and identify key factors that affect an issuer's credit rating.
- Develop and maintain an understanding of industry trends and issues.
- Act as backup analyst as required by team leader, attending meetings in support of colleagues, providing cover for colleagues who are temporarily unavailable due to holidays or business travel.
- Actively participate in rating committees.
- Attend meetings and interact with senior management of corporations to obtain information upon which to base credit rating decisions.
- Present findings and opinions to a credit rating committee.
- Prepare a variety of material suitable for publication (such as rating reports, press releases, and detailed commentaries) sufficient to disseminate and explain our ratings on a timely basis.
The Impact: The individual will be able to demonstrate analytical excellence, and good presentation skills in front of internal and external audiences, and maintain and enhance the quality and timeliness of our analysis. Moreover, you must demonstrate an ability to represent S&P in a highly professional manner to global investors. You will be required to prepare and perform meetings with senior management teams to extract and assess information relating to credit quality and to explain our credit rating opinions. Strong presentation and organizational skills are also required to present detailed information and reasoned opinions to our credit rating committees.
The Team: The Real Estate and Tel Aviv Diversified team is a dynamic group consisting of 20 analysts across several major offices in EMEA. These analysts cover more than 170 credits, of which about 60 are Real Estate companies rated in Europe and the Middle East. The remaining credits are either real estate companies or diversified credits spanning more than 15 other industries rated from our office in Israel.
Your Skills and Experience:
- Solid, demonstrable experience with a bank, investing institution or an audit company, or other credit institutions, working in the field of credit analysis of corporations.
- Have strong analytical skills with a deep understanding of financial statements and accounting concepts
- Strong written and oral communication skills in German and English are essential and Swedish would be a major advantage as well.
- Degree educated in a relevant business related fields. A Master degree in a relevant financial field would be desirable.
- Be willing to travel, sometimes at short notice.
- Experience of analyzing corporates in the Real Estate sector would be an advantage.
About S&P Global
At S&P Global, we don’t give you intelligence—we give you essential intelligence. The essential intelligence you need to make decisions with conviction. We’re the world’s foremost provider of credit ratings, benchmarks and analytics in the global capital and commodity markets. Our divisions include S&P Global Ratings, S&P Global Market Intelligence, S&P Dow Jones Indices and S&P Global Platts.
S&P Global Ratings is the world’s leading provider of independent credit ratings. Our ratings are essential to driving growth, providing transparency and helping educate market participants so they can make decisions with confidence. We have more than 1 million credit ratings outstanding on government, corporate, financial sector and structured finance entities and securities. We offer an independent view of the market built on a unique combination of broad perspective and local insight. We provide our opinions and research about relative credit risk; market participants gain independent information to help support the growth of transparent, liquid debt markets worldwide.
S&P Global Ratings is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/ratings