The QA Manager defines strategic direction of the group leveraging best practices to ensure competitive edge; directly manages all quality/test related activities within Enterprise Services (ES). The QA Manager and his/her staff assure the consistent quality of ES products through: systems integration testing; user acceptance testing; stress, performance & load testing; automated regression testing; verifying artifacts, validating processes and providing related QA documentation.
The QA Manager is responsible for managing the Outsourced provider ensuring compliance to the SOW, delivering on the committed SLA”s, adherence to the allocated budget and implementation of best practices that move QA operations to the next level of maturity. Extensive experience building & managing off shore engagements
The QA Manager is responsible for all software releases and SOX compliance. The QA Manager provides leadership in early project activities to improve testable requirements, focus testing and prevent defects. The QA Manager and his/her staff looks to continually improve quality through a robust set of best practices activities.
- 10+ years of proven experience with demonstrated leadership skills in recruiting, developing, training and managing 15+ people per year.
- Excellent command of verbal and written communication including strong presentation experience for all levels of stakeholders.
- Experience defining overall QA strategic and tactical approach, managing and maintaining QA team budget. Has managed production and BAU releases & test environment activities.
- 8+ years of experience and responsibility for designing, building and executing systems integration testing; user acceptance testing; stress, performance & load testing; automated regression testing and quality review processes
- Developed plans and estimates for project and BAU testing, staff resources and test environments; coordinating testing staff, assigning tasks and tracking test coverage; managing task and staff budgets and schedules.
- Experience working with CMMI, ITIL, COBIT, ISO and other control frameworks.
- 8+ years of experience in use of QA & performance testing software (e.g., HP-QC, HP-ALM). Experience with QC modules: Test Plan, Test Lab, Defects to write and store test scenarios, test cases, document test results and perform administration.
- Acting as a Test Lead, or QA/QC Lead role on multiple projects. Writing test strategies/plans, scenarios and cases working from business requirements using a risk based testing approach.
- Implementing test processes & improvements specific to SDLC, Agile and mobile testing.
- Defect triage, defect analysis and defect resolution and the ability to design and create metrics and reports to provide visibility into the defect lifecycle.
- Managing status meetings, reviewing requirements and scope changes.
- Working for large institutions or large IT organizations in a deadline driven culture.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Business preferred; or equivalent business experience.
- Additional training in areas of the QA function with professional certification in testing area(s) desired.
Following is the scope of the systems (not limited to) that leverages QA services.
- Order to Cash
- Oracle EBS
- Ariba (P2P)
- Treasury Manager Workbench
- HUB (Jive)
- Web Content Management Systems
- Web based systems