The purpose of this job is to help build a conferencing service for S&P Global. The candidate will possess a broad skill range with expert level understanding of Microsoft Skype for Business & Unified Communications technologies. The candidate will be able to design unified communication and collaboration solutions that enable users to communicate effectively in conferencing and meeting scenarios and create solutions that seamlessly integrate with legacy and strategic technologies (i.e. Session Management, Active Directory and Office 365). Candidate should also have the ability to provide positive customer service functions and operate in a service-oriented environment.
• Analyze, architect, design and deliver unified communication solutions on Skype for Business and standards based audio and video conferencing platforms.
• Extensive hands on experience designing and deploying Unified Communications using Microsoft, Cisco and Avaya products.
• In depth knowledge and practical application of video conferencing technologies and protocols (h.323, SIP, H.264, etc.).
• Expert level knowledge and experience designing, implementing and supporting video bridging solutions such as Cisco Meeting Server, Polycom Real Presence, Zoom, WebEx or others as required.
• Experience with setting up, installing, configuring and supporting Cisco and Polycom video conferencing units including Lync Room Systems.
• Expert level administration of Skype for Business Online and on-premises environments including PowerShell scripting capabilities.
• Deep understanding of Skype for Business and Lync troubleshooting and log analysis.
• In-depth knowledge of high-availability and networking (load balancing, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP) including firewall configurations and video standards.
• Ability to troubleshoot and resolve quality issues related to voice and video with conferences.
• Ability to deal effectively with senior and mid-level executive/management team in resolving technical conferencing issues and questions
• Experience managing and coordinating town halls and large-scale meetings.
• Ability to test, troubleshoot and work independently to resolve both customer and executive issues or problems.
• Design, integrate and implement conference scheduling solutions and interoperability with Microsoft Outlook.
• Build operating and support model to transition the solution to operations team.
• Technical documentation skills. Strong analytical skills as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Bachelor degree in Computer Science or a related experience
• 10+ years of experience in Unified Communications design and operations
• 5+ years of Skype for Business experience
• Experience in a large, geographically dispersed environment
• You have skills and confirmed experience with following products:
o Skype for Business Online
o Lync Server 2013
o Windows Server 2008/2012
o Microsoft Exchange
o Active Directory
o SFB endpoints including but not limited to IP phones
o Avaya PBX including Avaya Communication Manager, Aura, Scopia
o Session Border Controllers & Media Gateways
o SIP trunks (Centralized, Local)
o Cisco TMS, VCS & CMS/Acano
o Polycom Real Presence Clariti