The Role: Software Engineer III
The Location: Charlottesville, VA
The Team: You will work with a team of intelligent, ambitious and hard-working software professionals recruited from top universities and industries. The team is responsible for the architecture, design and development of enterprise web, desktop and feed products.
The Impact: Would you like to be part of the team that builds Enterprise strength, Web and Feed Products that will enable S&P Capital IQ to serve-up value-added Ratings, Research and related information to the Institutional clients? Join us and contribute significantly to the growth of the firm by
• Developing innovative functionality in existing and new products
• Supporting and maintaining high revenue productionized products
• Achieve the above intelligently and economically using best practices
What’s in it for you: This is the place to hone your existing Middleware and Database skills while having the chance to become exposed to fresh technologies. As an experienced member of the team, you will have the opportunity to mentor and coach developers who have recently graduated and collaborate with developers, business analysts and product managers who are experts in their domain.
Complete SDLC: architecture, design, development and support of tech solutions
• Play a key role in the development team to build high-quality, high-performance, scalable code
• Engineer components, and common services based on standard corporate development models, languages and tools
• Produce technical design documents and conduct technical walkthroughs
• Collaborate effectively with technical and non-technical stakeholders
• Be part of a culture to continuously improve the technical design and code base
• Document and demonstrate solutions using Technical design docs, diagrams and stubbed code
What We’re Looking For:
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or Engineering.
• 5+ years of significant experience in application development using Java Core & Enterprise, and Oracle Technologies.
• Superior knowledge of system architecture, object-oriented design, and design patterns.
• Exposure to C#.NET, ASP.NET MVC and Web API is a plus.
• Proficient with software development lifecycle (SDLC) methodologies like Agile, Test-driven development.
• Understanding of financial markets and asset classes like Equity, Commodity, Fixed Income, Options, Index/Benchmarks is desirable.