The Role: S&P Global is looking for an analyst to conduct credit and market analysis of financial institutions (bank and non-bank financial institutions). As part of a high profile & dynamic team, you will be assigning and monitoring credit ratings mainly in Northern Europe and German speaking markets. Depending on analytical background and language skills there could be the opportunity to focus on other regional. You will participate in the credit rating of issuers including rating management meetings and committees, and ad-hoc projects. You will establish yourself as an analyst with focus on excellence in analytics and client service.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Analytical excellence: Support a team of senior analysts and assume individual financial institution client responsibilities as agreed with the analytical manager.
- Surveillance: Arrange review meetings for all financial institutions assigned in line with financial institutions surveillance standards. Arrange and conduct ad-hoc meetings where needed due to events for all financial institutions assigned. Contribute to portfolio reviews for sector(s). Review of debt programs and assign issue ratings.
- Committee: Review the assigned portfolio of financial institutions in a timely manner in line with surveillance standards. Perform ad hoc assignments supporting other analysts or practices within S&P Global.
- Publications: Update and publish full rating reports and rating rationale summaries for assigned financial institutions as mandated by internal procedures. Update bank industry system reports and Industry Report Cards in line with publishing schedule. Author or co-author high quality research pieces.
- Customer Service: Provide clients within portfolio responsibilities with professional services and attend in person or via conference call results presentations for assigned credits. Where the company is part of a group, coordinate with other group financial services analysts to establish a timetable for reviews. Summarise findings and conclusions (including rating implications) at management meetings and discuss with management.
- Organisational Efficiency: Conduct time-efficient surveillance of credits and sectors.
The role includes intensive travelling and on-the-job training.
- Criteria coordination: Assume responsibility to coordinate criteria testing within the business and provide training across Europe.
The Impact: The right candidate will have the opportunity to further expand analytical excellence on an ongoing basis as we aim to encompass achievement within a working environment that is rewarding, stimulating and where there is a constant focus on building skills and competencies through learning. English and German (and/or Swedish) language skills must be excellent in order to communicate properly and precisely within the organisation and publish research as discussed above. Additional European language skills are highly desirable.
The Team / The Business: As important as the pure professional background is the personal and cultural fit. S&P Global’s culture can be described as highly integrated & collegiate, as a firm we work supporting each other to deliver the best solutions to clients. Therefore the ideal candidate will need to be comfortable working in a matrix organisation.
- Have proven track record in credit analysis of banks and non-banks.
- Be educated to degree level in a relevant business related field and possibly MBA, CFA or advanced degree.
- Have a strong interest in financial services markets and trends.
- Demonstrate a strong analytical mind-set with proven ability to carry out analysis in a cross-disciplinary context.
- Have the capacity to see the whole picture and foresee long term trends.
- Demonstrate a deep knowledge of credit and financial analysis and accounting principles, with a strong ability to build up consistent financial projections under different scenarios.
- Have ambition, initiative, innovation, and a passion for quality and accuracy.
- Be able to adopt the company’s high quality and compliance standards culture in the context of a regulated activity such as ratings
- In addition to strong analytical and financial modelling skills, very strong communication skills are a must in order to find acceptance both internally and externally.
- You will be an excellent team player and communicator with the capacity to learn & make significant contribution.
About S&P Global
At S&P Global, we don’t give you intelligence—we give you essential intelligence. The essential intelligence you need to make decisions with conviction. We’re the world’s foremost provider of credit ratings, benchmarks and analytics in the global capital and commodity markets. Our divisions include S&P Global Ratings, S&P Global Market Intelligence, S&P Dow Jones Indices and S&P Global Platts.
S&P Global Ratings is the world’s leading provider of independent credit ratings. Our ratings are essential to driving growth, providing transparency and helping educate market participants so they can make decisions with confidence. We have more than 1 million credit ratings outstanding on government, corporate, financial sector and structured finance entities and securities. We offer an independent view of the market built on a unique combination of broad perspective and local insight. We provide our opinions and research about relative credit risk; market participants gain independent information to help support the growth of transparent, liquid debt markets worldwide.
S&P Global Ratings is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/ratings