Application Specialist – Finance Modeling (S&P Global Market Intelligence)
The Location: Tokyo, Japan
Responsible for providing expertise and advice related to product and data to sales and clients. Coordination will be required, not only with the local sales team but with client support, data team and the global Application Specialist team.
This position will be primarily responsible for our *PresCenter & **Excel Plug-In capabilities, with the objective to get tens of thousands of users using our solutions.
*S&P Capital IQ PresCenter:
** S&P Capital IQ Excel Plug-In:
What‘s in it for you:
Application Specialists are responsible for developing analytical financial products related to corporate finance, equity and fixed income markets, and mergers & acquisition analysis. They provide in-depth analytical capability and expertise around client adoption efforts for our PresCenter and Excel Plug-in solutions. The Associate is also charged with leveraging expertise to play a greater role in sales and client development and thought leadership.
- Be an expert for a specific product specialty with the specific mission of understanding and showing how the product capability solves market problems.
- Meet with users to understand needs and conduct training.
- Link Excel based models to presentations using S&P Capital IQ’s PresCenter tool
- Create Excel based models, perform product configuration and integration as part of onboarding new clients and winning new business.
- Provide outstanding customer interaction and services on all engagements.
Sales & Client Development
- Work with clients and prospects in conjunction with sales teams on qualified opportunities to highlight our capabilities and close business.
- Provide research and analysis as part of input to RFPs.
- Design and develop Presentations and Excel based models that enhance and ease our client’s workflows.
- Provide insight into best practices for industry participants and how S&P Capital IQ solutions can be leveraged for best practices.
What We’re Looking For:
- At least 1-3 years’ work experience in the financial services industry in an analytical capacity
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Exceptional mastery of Microsoft Office suite (Excel, PowerPoint, and Word in particular)
- Close familiarity with financial and accounting principles
- Close familiarity with valuation methods, such as discounted cash flow, comparable company, precedent transaction, and leveraged buyout models
- Highly proficient in Japanese- written and verbal
- Proficiency in English preferred- written and verbal
- Bachelor degree in Finance or Accounting, or equivalent, preferred