The Role: Global Private Equity Reporter. We are seeking an enterprising reporter to cover the private equity space, including deals, fundraising and sector trends. You will be adept at quickly familiarizing themselves on various industries, actors and dynamics, as private equity firms invest in all areas of the business landscape. Strong communication skills are also a requirement, as this position will involve coordination and collaboration with editors and reporters in our industry news teams.
The Location: Charlottesville, VA
The Team: With a global newsroom of more than 250 reporters and editors across five continents, our reporters work regularly with journalists around the world and with a wide variety of backgrounds.
Our real-time, subscription-based news service reaches an influential readership that includes major institutional investors, regulators and almost all of Wall Street's leading investment banks. We provide our readers with robust coverage of a number of industries; private equity impacts touches on nearly every one of them.
What’s in it for you:
- Build a robust network of industry and professional contacts.
- Increase your understanding of market dynamics, and build your knowledge of the private equity space.
- Explore a highly-rewarding career path with room for professional growth, recognition and rewards.
- Sharpen your analytical skills by tapping into our wealth of data and industry knowledge to enrich your ability to craft high-quality news articles.
- Brainstorm with colleagues who share deep knowledge and passion about the sectors they cover.
- Enjoy a casual working environment
- Report breaking financial, regulatory, deal-related or other business news.
- Keep our clients apprised of fundraising, capital deployment and other important trends in the private equity industry.
- Cover pertinent regulatory hearings, speeches, earnings conference calls, shareholder meetings, conferences and other events that impact the world of finance.
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism or communications, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of reporting experience
- Command of journalistic standard methodology (AP style, libel issues, etc.)
- Strong writing and analytical skills
- Previous experience with or covering the private equity industry
- Knowledge of financial markets & economic trends
- Previous professional experience with data journalism
About S&P Global Market Intelligence
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important—some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of merit, capability and equality of opportunity, and without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law, or any other characteristic that has no bearing on a person’s ability to perform his or her job.
Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.