The Role: Senior Sales and Relationship Management Manager on our Academics Team responsible for managing a team tasked with selling a portfolio of products to current and target customers as well as growing an existing ~ $25mm book of business. You will help identify key decision makers and influencers and execute sales strategy collaboratively with sales members, client services, product management, operations, technology, and legal to optimize product and service delivery.
Location: Denver, CO
The Impact: Your contribution and dedication to your role is critical as you have a direct impact on business generation and driving future growth. In doing so, you will get help clients identify needs and solve problems utilizing our products and tools.
The Career Opportunity: As a key player within the Academics team, you will have the opportunity to work with major universities and vendor partners throughout North America. This is a great opportunity to grow professionally while contributing to the growth of the business.
The Team / The Business: We value partnership and it is crucial that you are a great teammate in order to be successful within our organization. We reward hard work, dedication and self starters. We believe that no one part is more valuable than the sum of the whole; we need everyone to achieve our goals.
- Maintain total sales and Net Renewal Rate at or above established targets
- Help establish relationships with senior level researchers and deans of universities
- Remain current with industry news and developments to understand the impact to your current prospects for additional sales opportunities.
- Maintain focused approach to team’s daily sales activity pipelines and systems based workflow (i.e. Salesforce.com)
- Ensure successful transition of new clients to the Relationship Management group.
- Develop industry specific knowledge necessary to coach team to have credible diagnostic conversations
Bachelor’s Degree in business, commerce or related subjects, MBA, CFA will be a plus. 5 to 8 years relevant industry, previous management experience and a consistent track record of results in consultative sales.
- Strong communication, organization, presentation and negotiation skills
- Ambition, passion for coaching and mentoring and a hunger for doing deals
- Results driven and detail oriented
- Proficiency in MS Office and Salesforce
We know that not all information is important—some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand visionary and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
We are a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit, S&P Global Market Intelligence
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of merit, capability and equality of opportunity, and without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law, or any other characteristic that has no bearing on a person’s ability to perform his or her job.