Platts delivers its core products and services (prices, market data, alerts and publications) in multiple ways to meet our customers needs. Almost half of these products and services are delivered via Channel Distribution Partners who collaborate with Platts to service these customers and develop new markets.
The Senior Director Channel Management reports to the Chief Commercial Officer as part of the Global Sales Leadership team. They are resonsible for managing and directing the global channel business in accordance to the company goals and in collaboration with Sales and Product leadership.
This senior sales leadership position is responsible for managing an existing network of global third-party channels that distribute nearly $300 million of Platts’ products, and creating and managing new global i sales channels tightly aligned with regional sales strategies.
- Work closely with Regional Sales, Strategic Accounts and Marketing Vice Presidents to develop and implement strategies leveraging Channel Partner relationships to expand our marketing and sales reach and capability.
- Collaborate with senior Product Management leadership to align channel distribution strategy with Platts Product development and distribution strategies.
- Develop and manage the framework for global and regional indirect sales channels ensuring best legal and operational best practices are consistently applied on a global scale.
- Build productive business relationships with partners’ executives and sales management.
- Clearly represent and communicate partner business needs back to the Platts organization.
- Manage and motivate channel partners to ensure: revenue growth, customer satisfaction and channel partner mindshare and commitment.
- Position each channel partner to sell and understand Platts’ portfolio products. Ensure that channel partners' sales force receive training so they can successfully meet customer needs and drive demand for Platts products, articulate benefits, value, and close deals.
- Help prevent, monitor, manage, and resolve channel conflict.
- Become the expert in product positioning, programs, solutions, competition and strategic direction with respect to the third-party distribution channel.
- Work closely with legal team and lead negotiations of renewals and expansion of contracts with existing channel partners according to our best legal and operational practives.
- Assist partners in the identification of product line opportunity drivers, competitive opportunities, and go-to market strategies - Identify all related tools, training, channel programs and special events to support partner endeavours and facilitate development and rollout of as required
- Support the identification, evaluation and vetting of new channel partners suited to facilitate the achievement of Platts regional and market expansion goals.
- Direct management of regional channel management staff and ongoing collaboration with dedicated sales operations, marketing and product channel resources.
- Manage financial relationships with Channel Partners ensuring appropriate payment of royalties and commissions.
- In conjunction with Financial leadership and third party audit firm manage ongoing Channel Partner audit program.
Knowledge and Experience
- Extensive experience in sales channel management (or similar); at least 4 years in a senior leadership position within the function.
- Proven successful experience creating and managing all phases of multiple global and regional indirect sales channels and managing complex relationships at the highest levels.
- Expert commercial negotiation and complex business development skills with experience negotiating complex commercial and operational relationships with diverse global and regional sales and distribution channels.
- Strong experience managing in a matrix environment; proven track record of successful cross-departmental collaboration require.
- Ability to strike a balance and find alignment between a third-party’s objectives and goals with Platts’ objectives and goals.
- Ability to listen effectively and communicate persuasively across diverse internal and external constituents.
- Well-balanced strategic and operational mindset
Channel ditribution is a highly visible and critical component of Paltts’ overall business. You will impact our success across the world providing high value to Platts customer community as well as providing critical support to Platts Sales and Marketing.