S&P Global Platts
The Role: We are seeking an experienced Editor able to develop and drive our wheat market coverage in Asia-Pacific – most particularly for the Australian market - and help develop benchmark pricing in this key area. This is an exciting opportunity to drive adoption of Platts existing price assessments, taking them into the next phase of their development. You will be based in Singapore and will form part of a team spanning the globe, liaising and collaborating with colleagues also based in Singapore and USA.
Primary responsibility will be following trading activity in the physical wheat market Australian and destination markets, assessing those markets based on physical bids, offers and traded information and in line with Platts published methodology; writing a commentary and assessment rationale explaining the trends driving prices and the reason why prices have been assessed the way they have; and writing news stories during the course of market coverage.
Secondary responsibilities will include managing and building our database of contacts; identifying opportunities to improve methodology or launch new price assessments; representing Platts at industry events as well as in face-to-face meetings with market participants; presenting at conferences; undertaking webinars, podcasts or other editorial initiatives; and any other relevant activities to help develop Platts role in the Agricultural commodity sector.
Your Skills & Experience:
- Excellent verbal communication skills with the ability to interact with a wide range of role types and personalities, internally and externally
- Clear, concise English writing skills – prior experience or training in journalism preferred
- Strong numeracy skills and the ability to apply basic math functions in Excel
- Minimum 2 years’ experience of global agricultural commodity markets (Analytical or editorial)
- Strong interest in wheat, corn, barley and other agricultural commodities
- A solid understanding of economics principles
- Ability to multitask and work under tight deadlines
- Energy, tenacity and ambition to excel in a fast-paced news environment
- Degree in Mathematics, Economics, Finance or Business preferred