The Role: Data Quality Specialist
The Location: Hyderabad, India
The Team: Data Quality Measurement teams execute analyses and implement controls to ensure information quality for the associated client group. A key goal of this job family is to ensure that the data sets used by the user group is of high quality and considered to be sufficient, timely and reliable considering the standards that are set by the business or regulating entity/industry group, if applicable. The team consists of highly trained data quality professionals, who understand the business and who strive to deliver outstanding client experience, while helping to mitigate regulatory and legal risk exposure to the organization.
- Impacts related business processes and the effectiveness of the teams as well as business teams and clients that depend on this data in that region/industry.
- Good knowledge and understanding of the data development lifecycle; can relate their contributions to those of the business.
- Thorough knowledge of the business and full understanding of how his/her role contributes to data/ data quality objectives.
- Solves non-routine problems, using new solutions and market trends with minimal assistance.
What’s in it for you:
- Frequent interaction with internal clients to solve business issues or inquiries.
- Mentors and trains other more junior members in the team.
- Communicates updates on data quality to stakeholders at all levels of the organisation.
- Engages with stakeholders across multiple teams to benchmark operational processes against best practice; works with teams to align processes to achieve best practice.
- Designs and specifies data quality objectives and requirements for a specific area.
- Leverages expertise in end to end data production and consumption processes to define appropriate measurement methodologies; works with teams to implement methodologies.
- Escalates systemic issues as appropriate to drive remediation and achieve high quality data.
- Engages and supports a disciplined root cause analysis and remediation process for defects identified and preventative actions. Maps processes and provides recommendations to improve data quality.
- Provides training on data quality tasks and strategies to data users.
- Performs testing on new technology; identifies errors and delivers recommendations for onboarding.
- Creates and maintains detailed documentation outlining the criteria to determine data integrity and alignment with internal data governance procedures.
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required; advanced degree preferred.
- 7+ years of experience in a data operations role, of which at least 4 years should be in data quality.
- Advanced in reporting and data visualization tools (e.g. MicroStrategy, QlikView)
- Advanced technical skills (including Excel, SQL, data extraction tools)
- General understanding of Financial and Market data
- Holistic understanding of data and data flows
- Experienced in data quality frameworks and practices
- Understanding of database and system architecture
- Advanced Lean Management skills
- Master Data Management principles
- Ability to lead initiatives by partnering with large, global teams across different disciplines, third party data vendors and business stakeholders
- Ability to self-manage time and to manage the time of other team members
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to summarize findings into understandable updates; ability to tailor summaries to audiences across all levels of the organization
- Attention to detail and ability to manage time effectively to meet challenging deadlines
- Ability to develop effective techniques in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to leverage problem solving capabilities to trouble-shoot issues and to mentor peers to achieve a resolution that meets stakeholder expectations
- Holistic understanding of regulatory and compliance requirements