The Role: Data Quality Associate
The Location: Hyderabad, India
The Team: Data Quality Measurement teams execute analyses and implement controls to ensure information quality for the associated client group. A key goal of this job family is to ensure that the data sets used by the user group is of high quality and considered to be sufficient, timely and reliable considering the standards that are set by the business or regulating entity/industry group, if applicable. The team consists of highly trained data quality professionals, who understand the business and who strive to deliver outstanding client experience, while helping to mitigate regulatory and legal risk exposure to the organization.
- Contributes to the achievement of personal and team objectives
- Applies general knowledge of data development lifecycle, theories and work tools developed through past experience to best complete assignments.
- General knowledge of the business and the data quality objectives for his/her team.
- Identifies and solves problems in data domain of primary operation.
What’s in it for you:
- Works within own team; interacts with other related teams
- Works with stakeholders in data domain of primary operation to understand processes and procedures and helps to improve them whenever possible
- Communicates updates on data quality to stakeholders
- Engages with stakeholders to define requirements for the measurement of data quality in domain of primary operation and provides regular updates against those requirements.
- Engages with stakeholders to deliver data quality analyses and provide regular updates against requirements as part of data related projects.
- Undertakes ownership for the on-going maintenance and development of data quality metrics and audits.
- Communicates the results of data quality analyses, metrics and audits to internal stakeholders across the organization.
- On identification of data quality issues, performs analysis and recommends solutions to remediate the issue and achieve high quality data.
- Contributes to data audits on new data vendors.
- Performs data quality analysis to assure S&P Ratings compliance against regulatory requirements.
- Develops and performs data queries to identify and drive correction of data inconsistencies.
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required.
- 5+ years of experience in a data operations role, of which at least three years should be in data quality
- Proficient in reporting and data visualization tools (e.g. MicroStrategy, QlikView)
- Proficient technical skills (including Excel, SQL, data extraction tools)
- General understanding of Financial and Market data
- General understanding of data and data flows
- Ability to work closely with large, global teams across different disciplines
- Ability to self-manage and to prioritise tasks appropriately
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to summarize findings into understandable updates for stakeholders
- Attention to detail and ability to manage time effectively to meet challenging deadlines
- Ability to learn and apply concepts and techniques in a fast-paced environment
- Problem solving capabilities and the ability to trouble-shoot
- Willingness to ask questions; tenacity to keep asking questions where answers do not resolve concerns
- Ability to hold others accountable for delivery of remediation plans