The Location: London, Canary Wharf
The Role: Platts cFlow team are looking for an analyst to take ownership of, and oversee the maintenance of, key cFlow datasets including ports, vessels, trade flow data. In this role you will be working with large quantities of data and expect to be contributing to solving real business problems from day one.
About you: The ideal candidate will have a keen interest in the shipping and commodities and be comfortable with technical/IT concepts.
The Impact: Platts cFlow is responsible for global coverage over 50,000+ ships, including Crude, LNG, LPG, Chemicals, Products and Dry Bulk. cFlow trade flow data informs essential analysis in the work of both our customers and Platts own analytics teams.
Our hiring manager says: “The ideal candidate for this role is a hard-working individual who has a strong interest in both data and shipping. They will be diligent, thorough and capable of working both as part of a multi-disciplined team (technical and business) and independently. The role offers a great opportunity to develop a technical skillset while gaining a foundational understanding of shipping and commodities.”
- Taking ownership of, and overseeing maintenance of, key cFlow datasets including ports, vessels, trade flow data
- Act as the main point of contact for the offshore data team
- Source new data concerning the trade of waterborne commodities
- Support ad-hoc data tasks as required
- Degree educated
- Previous experience/understanding of shipping or commodities is preferred
- Excel: pivot tables, basic mathematic functions, VLOOKUP
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent time management skills
- SQL Server basics: querying, joins, table creation/insertion/deletion
- Understanding of the software development cycle and version control desired but not essential
S&P Global Platts
At S&P Global Platts, we provide the insights; you make better informed trading and business decisions with confidence. We’re the leading independent provider of information and benchmark prices for the commodities and energy markets. Customers in over 150 countries look to our expertise in news, pricing and analytics to deliver greater transparency and efficiency to markets. S&P Global Platts coverage includes oil and gas, power, petrochemicals, metals, agriculture and shipping.
S&P Global Platts is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.platts.com.