Enterprise Services is responsible for the majority of back office corporate systems for S&P Global, and supports key initiatives for the Chief Data Office. The candidate must be able to design, implement, maintain and troubleshoot critical solutions for Enterprise Services and the Chief Data Office. You will be working with business leaders, Enterprise Services PMO, project managers and developers to deliver efficient and reliable solutions in the ever-evolving world of corporate systems. Business relationship management is also required for the role as the candidate will be working with all levels of the business to provide solutions, technical research and technical guidance. The candidate will report to the Enterprise Services Manager of Information Management & Analytics.
Summary of key responsibilities for Data & Analytics Platform Architect
- Interpret business requirements to articulate the business needs to be addressed
- Responsible for design, development and implementation of software solutions to address complex business issues
- Provide technical leadership and architectural blueprints to the technical team supporting the Chief Data Office
- Evaluate and recommend tools, technologies and processes to ensure the highest quality product platform
- Collaborate with peer teams and business divisions, quality assurance and end users to produce cutting-edge software solutions
- Troubleshoot code level problems quickly and efficiently
- Able to thrive in a complex and collaborative workplace environment, and, actively engage in the development process.
- Provide guidance on routine to highly complex problems.
- Lead functional and technical teams in multiple locations.
- Frequently interact with subordinate supervisors, customers, and/or functional peer group managers, involving matters between functional areas.
Some of the critical technologies that are currently in use include:
- SaaS solutions (Workday, Aon, Concur, Ariba, Salesforce, Zoura, Crownpeak Cloud)
- Informatica Cloud integration
- Agile(Version One)
The position requires
- Solid understanding of SaaS, Finance, HR, Analytics, IDM, Corporate, CMS systems, in a highly distributed intranet/internet environment.
- Business relationship management skills.
- Knowledge of Information Architecture using models, SQL-Oracle, Postgres.
- Experience using the AWS solution stack. Demonstrated experience providing architecture for on premise and public cloud solution architecture through knowledge of the AWS platform
- Microservices definition and API management (Apigee)
- Good understanding of Enterprise Architecture
- Providing solutions in Visio diagrams using the AWS templates.
- BA/BS; Master's degree preferred
- 10 years of related experience in a similar industry.
- 5+ years of software development experience demonstrating depth of technical and functional understanding.
- Experience with Agile development methodology
- Object-oriented programming experience
- Experience working with Java, API’s, Web-services.
- Strong communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills required to interact with colleagues and internal customers.
- Ability to work effectively with others who are in remote locations and varying time zones
- Ability to prioritize tasks
- Ownership – Is totally committed to the success of the team and the company. Sees the success of his/her team as a reflection of self