The Role: Research Analyst, Energy
The Location: New York, New York
The Team: The Market Intelligence Energy Research team provides essential research, analysis and data covering the issues facing the power, coal and natural gas industries.
Our analysis has particular emphasis on regulatory affairs, markets and financial performance of those operating in the sector.
We seek to identify industry trends and publish research supported by underlying data that helps guide our clients through their decision-making process.
We are a global company. We are dynamic, with rapidly growing ways of delivering meaningful content and analytics to our readers. For many, we are essential because of the quality insights that we provide.
The Impact: As part of our continuing effort to deliver a better service to our clients, Market Intelligence is looking to support and build its analysis of the North American renewable energy sector. You will take advantage of a range of data sets including regulatory, financial and market to produce differentiated, high-value research to help guide investors, developers, and asset owners through the decision-making process.
You will collect information related to renewable energy, conduct market sector or statistical analysis and interpret key market data and combine these elements to craft useful business information. Working with colleagues in disciplines such as regulation, news, and market forecasting we will help you perform high-level analytic work and modeling that will empower our clients. We believe that as you grow, your potential for new opportunities will increase, as will ours!
What’s in it for you:
- As an integral member of our Energy Research group you will become part of a team of professionals with unparalleled knowledge of the energy sector.
- You will have a high degree of independence and ownership to identify the needs for data, research and analysis in the renewables sector, carrying ideas and concepts through from inception through to execution and delivery.
- The chance to define and develop your career and profile within the Energy Industry, with the backing of the best team in the business.
- Utilize and build upon existing Market Intelligence and S&P Global datasets to deliver research and analysis that helps guide our users through the decision-making process
- Play a key role in helping our product group identify and prioritize new data sets for collection
- Work closely with teams within Energy Research and across the organization
- Collect regulatory and economic and industry information and conduct statistical analysis, to translate data into business information via commentary and written analysis
- Design presentations and engage directly with clients to present actionable data analysis and insights
- Maintain high levels of transparency and accuracy
- Act quickly to meet each client request
What We’re Looking For:
- BA/BS (preferred focus Engineering, Business, Mathematics, Economics, Finance, and/or related discipline of study preferred.
- At least 4 years’ experience in the Renewable Energy Sector with an established record of producing high quality research and analysis
- Natural curiosity about energy industry fundamentals and a love for technical transparency.
- Strong numeracy including the ability to conceptualize proportional relationships, understand the basic principles of algebra and statistics; and an understanding of how to apply basic math functions in Excel.
- Powerpoint – strong experience and proficiency with crafting presentations that show data graphically (charts, tables).
- Well-rounded communication skills including solid listening techniques, clear, concise writing styles; and strong verbal skills.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of merit, capability and equality of opportunity, and without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law, or any other characteristic that has no bearing on a person’s ability to perform his or her job.
Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.