The Role: Director, Index Governance APAC
The Location: Singapore
The Team: S&P DJI Index Governance manages 50 index committees. Each committee is responsible for a number of financial market indices arranged by asset class, region or investment strategy. Every committee is chaired by a senior member of Index Governance. Other Index Governance responsibilities include developing and maintaining policies to implement various government regulations covering financial market indices and maintaining and updating Index Methodology published documents which describe how indices are calculated. The staff consists of six people in New York City, one in London, one in Mexico City and, going forward, one in Singapore.
The Impact: The person in the position will chair, direct and manage the Index Committees responsible for equity, fixed income and commodity indices covering securities in APAC markets including Australia, China, India, Japan, Korea, New Zealand, Sri Lanka and Taiwan. In addition, the person will work with others in index governance in preparing and implementing policy to ensure compliance with various regulatory authorities and proper calculation and maintenance of S&P DJI indices.
What’s in it for you: One of the fastest growing areas in investment and financial markets are investment products based on financial market indices like the S&P 500, S&P/ASX 200, DJIA or VIX. S&P DJI is the leading global index provider with relationships with exchanges in Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong and India. Joining S&P DJI is an opportunity to work with an experienced team of financial professionals on leading investment products in fast growing markets. With growth comes room for advancement and your own growth.
- Manage and chair all 13 index committees responsible for equity and fixed income and VIX S&P DJI indices in the Asia Pac Region
- Manage the annual methodology review process covering all Asia Pac region indices
- Participate in development, review, implementation and training on global policies covering index methodology, announcements, and committee operations
- Support senior management, client coverage, product management teams through meetings with clients and others on all aspects of index governance and calculation
- Provide training on index policy and governance to Asia PAC S&P DJI staff
What we’re looking for:
- Advance Degree/ Master of Science/ MBA required
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in the Financial Services Industry, with no less than 10 years of experience focusing on Index Management and Calculation; At least 7 years of experience in a management role
- Full knowledge of the security selection, calculation, and maintenance of financial market indices. Excellent understanding of financial market operations and familiarity with financial markets throughout the Asa-Pacific Region
- Ability to meet with and explain index procedures and calculations to a wide range of people including clients and regulators
- Capable of leading and using conceptual and innovative thinking (i.e., identifying new/ different solutions. To solve issues. Looks beyond immediate problems for wider implications and determines best path forward
- Leads and directly impacts the professional and/ or technical direction and strategy for a discipline or a core product including shaping and designing new policies, procedures and standards