RATING ANALYST, S&P MAALOT – TEL AVIV
S&P Maalot is seeking a professional to join its Tel Aviv office as a Rating Analyst. We are seeking a motivated and hard-working candidate who can support insurance and bank analysis. This position will give the successful candidate, a graduate in related discipline with credit experience, the opportunity to gain exceptional work experience by embracing a fast learning analytical job in an international working environment.
The candidate will support and assist two senior analysts in updating reports and preparing for meetings and internal committees. Over time; the successful candidate will also assume analytical oversight responsibility for a portfolio of insurance and banks, covering a number of credits directly as primary analyst after a period of intensive learning. The position offers an interesting mix of analytical challenges, the option to assume and drive internal projects, and opportunities to acquire and develop new skills. The successful candidate will possess the ability to undertake rigorous analytical work and will have a demonstrated strength at doing research and writing well-structured analytical reports. An ability to quickly absorb, analyze, and act upon information is required to maintain and enhance the quality and timeliness of our analysis. A robust background in financial institutions analysis is a must.
The candidate will be required to gain an understanding of S&P Global rating methodology, policies and procedures, as well as knowledge in the qualitative and quantitative aspects of insurance and bank analysis. These skills will lead to contributing to written reports and participating in external meetings and internal committees, which require good level of written English, personal confidence and a strong team work ethic. The job will also entails performing and overseeing ad hoc and ongoing database and research projects or external data requests, which will require knowledge of accountancy and a good level of analytical reasoning. The role will also require an ongoing regulatory and internal compliance. Attention to details and computer skills are therefore also required.
This is an exciting role for someone willing to contribute to the development of the company. We are looking for dedicated and rigorous individuals with strong analytical capabilities who are able to work in international teams. It encompasses a strong co-ordination role with other professionals in other S&P Global offices. The candidate will be supported with strong level of on the job and university style training, which includes an internal certification.
We are looking for a candidate that is a university degree graduate. Some working experience in an audit firm, insurance, bank, or consultancy would be positively valued.
- Experience in the Israeli insurance or banking industry.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Good knowledge of computer software, in particular excel.
- Good knowledge of accounting principles for insurance or banks.
- Familiarity with financial models is a plus.
- Excellent proficiency in spoken and written English.
- The successful candidate should be able to work independently within a team and multi-cultural environment
- Hard worker
- Willing to learn
- Analytical capacity
- Works well in teams
- Good communication skills
- International culture
ABOUT S&P GLOBAL RATINGS AND S&P GLOBAL
Be part of a $3.5 trillion team at S&P Global Ratings. We’re looking for world-class thinkers to add to our team at S&P Global Ratings, the world’s leading provider of credit risk research, ratings and benchmarks.
• At S&P Global Ratings, your opinion is meaningful in credit deliberations from day one.
• We rate $3.5 trillion in new debt annually and investors rely on our independent, informed opinions on credit risk.
• Each person who works here has an essential role in S&P Global Ratings reputation of integrity, transparency, and ratings excellence.
• With offices in 23 countries, S&P Global Ratings is an important part of the world’s financial infrastructure and has played a leading role for 150 years in providing investors with information and independent benchmarks for their investment and financial decisions.
S&P Global includes S&P Global Ratings, S&P GMI, S&P Dow Jones Indices, and Platts. Together, we’re the foremost providers of essential intelligence for the capital and commodities markets.