The Ratings Associate undertakes rigorous analytical work and is proficient in conducting research and fundamental credit analysis, analyzing financial statements, building financial models and forecasts, and writing analytical reports on rated corporate entities. The successful candidate is able to work effectively in a fast paced environment, possess strong interpersonal and communication skills, is customer-oriented, and demonstrates excellent presentation skills in front of internal and external audiences.
We are currently looking for a highly skilled and motivated individual to join our Corporate Ratings group as an Associate based in our New York office. You will assess the credit quality of companies in the Business Services sector, primarily High Tech and Consumer related business services companies. This is a new sector team that also covers Real Estate. There is potential for the Associate to gain exposure to REITs as well.
The Career Opportunity:
As an Associate, you are working as part of the Corporate Ratings group at S&P Global Ratings. With the guidance of a senior analyst, a qualified Associate typically maintains direct analytical responsibility for a portfolio of rated corporate issuers. These responsibilities include ongoing surveillance and rating recommendations, repeat analytical contact with rated entities’ senior management, and presentation of analytical findings to internal and external constituencies. A high performing Associate is likely to be considered for rating more complex and higher profile issuers, as well as for investor outreach. We prepare our most successful Associates and Associate Directors to become our future senior analysts that act as spokespersons and senior analytical leaders in sector teams.
• At S&P Global Ratings, your analytical opinion truly matters and each person who works here has an essential role in S&P Global Ratings reputation of integrity, transparency, and ratings excellence.
• S&P Global Ratings plays a vital role in bringing transparency and comparability to the financial markets and helps investors and others measure and manage credit risk.
• By supporting capital markets, S&P Global Ratings helps people to start and grow businesses, cities and states to build highways and hospitals, and manufacturers to build factories and create jobs.
• With offices in 26 countries, rating $47.5 trillion in debt, and with nearly 1,400 credit analysts, S&P Global Ratings is an important part of the world’s financial infrastructure and has played a leading role for more than 150 years in providing investors and financers the information they need to more easily, quickly and efficiently provide capital to businesses and governments.
The Team / The Business:
When you join S&P Global Ratings, you join one of the world's leading providers of independent credit risk research and benchmarks. You are part of a team that produces high quality fundamental research based on established criteria, you have the opportunity to ask probing questions to senior corporate executives, and interact with the global investor community.
• MBA in Finance, Economics, Accounting, Engineering, Mathematics and/or CFA preferred.
• Solid, demonstrable experience (3+ years) within a large commercial bank, investment bank, investing institution/asset manager, or an audit company working in the field of credit analysis of multinational corporations or equivalent military experience.
• Strong analytical skills with a deep understanding of financial statement analysis and accounting concepts.
• Proficiency with figures and the ability to maintain accuracy and be detail oriented while complying with deadlines.
• Strong Excel/Word/PowerPoint and database application skills. Ability to prepare forecasts based upon reasoned assumptions will be required.
• Solid communication skills, verbal and written, as well as the capacity to expand, learn, and make a contribution.
Our Hiring Manager says:
“I’m looking for a person who understands and likes focusing on fundamental credit analysis and enjoys working as part of a team in a very dynamic work environment. At S&P Global Ratings, our primary responsibility is providing high quality, credible credit research and opinions to inform investors in their investment decisions, and I need to recruit the best qualified person that can help the team meet these high expectations.”