We are currently looking for a Rating Analyst to join our team to be based in our Tel Aviv office.
- Manage and maintain surveillance on a rating portfolio of about 10 credits within the EMEA sectors.
- Perform credit analysis demonstrating the ability to understand and identify key factors that affect issue and issuer credit ratings, through the application of the relevant S&P Global Ratings criteria.
- Lead new transaction and issuer ratings analysis and deliver outcomes in a timely, orderly and insightful manner.
- Develop and maintain an understanding of industry trends and issues.
- Actively participate in and present findings and opinions to a credit rating committee.
- Attend meetings and interact with senior management of issuers to obtain information upon which to base credit rating decisions.
- Prepare a variety of material suitable for publication on S&P Global Ratings credit portal and other media (such as rating reports, press releases, and detailed commentaries) sufficient to disseminate and explain our ratings on a timely basis.
The individual will be able to demonstrate analytical excellence, and good presentation skills in front of internal and external audiences, and maintain and enhance the quality and timeliness of our analysis. Moreover, you must demonstrate an ability to work with issuers at board level and represent S&P Global Ratings in a highly professional manner to global investors.
The Career Opportunity
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a high performing analytical team with good potential for professional development.
The successful candidate will have a solid foundation in credit analysis and will be proficient at doing research and drafting issuer and sector analysis, with strong communication skills (both written and verbal), and a passion for service excellence.
- Solid, demonstrable credit analysis experience with a corporate or global company or an audit company, or other credit institutions, working in the field of corporate credit analysis.
- Have strong analytical skills with a deep understanding of financial statements and accounting concepts.
- Be numerate and accurate with figures and detail orientated with the ability to maintain accuracy whilst complying with deadlines.
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English are essential.
- Be educated to degree level in a relevant business related field, a relevant Master’s degree, CFA or financial qualification would be desirable.
About S&P Global
At S&P Global, we don’t give you intelligence—we give you essential intelligence. The essential intelligence you need to make decisions with conviction. We’re the world’s foremost provider of credit ratings, benchmarks and analytics in the global capital and commodity markets. Our divisions include S&P Global Ratings, S&P Global Market Intelligence, S&P Dow Jones Indices and S&P Global Platts.
S&P Global Ratings is the world’s leading provider of independent credit ratings. Our ratings are essential to driving growth, providing transparency and helping educate market participants so they can make decisions with confidence. We have more than 1 million credit ratings outstanding on government, corporate, financial sector and structured finance entities and securities. We offer an independent view of the market built on a unique combination of broad perspective and local insight. We provide our opinions and research about relative credit risk; market participants gain independent information to help support the growth of transparent, liquid debt markets worldwide.
S&P Global Ratings is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/ratings