We are currently looking for a highly skilled Leveraged Finance Professional to join our Corporate Ratings group as a manager and senior recovery analyst based in our London office.
A background in European Leveraged Finance is desired. A working knowledge of market structures and dynamics, and familiarity with market participants, would be a considerable advantage.
The successful candidate will possess the ability to undertake rigorous analytical work and will be proficient at doing research and writing analytical reports with a track record of fundamental analysis.
An ability to quickly absorb, analyse and act upon information is required. The successful candidate will be comfortable in an environment which stimulates continuous improvement and innovation, and the highest customer service standards whilst adhering to established ratings criteria, methodology, policies and procedures. The individual will be able to demonstrate analytical excellence, and good presentation skills in front of internal and external audiences, and maintain and enhance the quality and timeliness of our analysis. Moreover, you must demonstrate an ability to represent Standard & Poor's in a highly professional manner to global investors. You will be required to prepare and perform meetings with multi-national, senior management teams to extract and assess information relating to credit quality and to explain our credit rating opinions. Strong presentation and organizational skills are also required to present detailed information and reasoned opinions to our credit rating committees.
Core Responsibilities and Job Functions
• Manage a team of 3-4 recovery analysts, and supervise surveillance of existing Recovery Ratings.
• Conduct recovery rating analysis on new loan and bond transactions, as required.
• Analyse original, non-routine complex business problems in a timely, orderly and insightful manner.
• Undertake and co-ordinate Market Outreach for High Yield and Leveraged Finance market.
• Undertake and co-ordinate Research for High Yield and Leveraged Finance market.
• Actively participate in and chair rating committees.
• Coordinate surveillance with reviews of the Corporate Credit Ratings.
• Primary day to day contact would be with senior sector analysts and managers of corporate analysis.
• Lead other senior members of the team on projects such as documentation analysis, and commentary pieces.
• Understanding of the technicalities of the European leveraged loan market is required.
• Strong credit analysis skills including cash flow modelling.
• Given the deal driven nature of the Leveraged Finance market, the candidate will be required to manage multiple and overlapping deadlines.
• Ability to analyse loan and bond documentation as an integral part of the analysis of a transaction.
• Familiarity with some or many of the key European Leveraged Finance market participants.
• Language skills (French, German, Italian) would be an advantage.
• Presents ideas and facts clearly and effectively in writing and verbally.
• Very strong analytical skills; ability to support opinions based on facts and balanced judgment.
• Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work effectively both internally and externally with a wide range of people.
• Be willing to travel, sometimes at short notice.