The Role: The UAT Analyst [User Acceptance Tester] is accountable for identifying defects and ensuring applications are meeting business requirements and is ‘client ready’. The goal of User Acceptance is to assess if the system can support the day-to-day client workflow prior to deployment.
The Impact: This position is critical to the success of necessary to ensure that all of our products and applications are tested to meet internal and client specifications.
The Career Opportunity: This position will develop mastery and domain expertise in our applications as well as the opportunity to work with several FIG departments and various scrum teams. This will also lead to a deeper understanding of the FIG industry and a chance to expand business intelligence by learning how a change in product impacts the clients. While this position is focused on UAT, the candidate will also be exposed to other operational workflow and be expected to work on other projects as assigned.
The Team/The Business: The UAT analyst partners with Product Management, Product Operations, Project management and Development teams to test the enhancements and updates made to the various product platforms. The UAT works under the Scrum Framework with the IT teams.
• Strong interpersonal skills, demonstrating the ability to communicate across organizations, levels and within teams
• Ability to think critically to identify bugs and provide improvement ideas
• Ability to multitask in a highly complex, fast-paced environment
• Proven ability to quickly adjust to changing priorities and work independently
• High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
• Must be a team player and willing to help others as needed to make the team/release successful
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and Power Point
• The candidate will be responsible for performing User Acceptance testing for Product releases and new projects within organization for functional accuracy to ensure that SNL products meet the highest standard for client experience.
• Learn SQL, DBMS and Underlying Product Code to determine the impact of change on the product
• Create UAT detailed test plans and corner test scenarios for each project. Document and execute functional and regression test plans. Identify and gather test data.
• Enter defects and re-test when bugs are corrected
• Plan and participate in release deployment activities to validate that the deliverable's are working correctly post deployment. May require off-hour and weekend hours depending on deployment schedule.
• Keeping all stakeholders updated and provides training on SNL Products as well as Industry to other teams as well as clients (as required).
• Must have a bachelor’s degree of any relevant degree. Graduate programs and its equivalent is ideal.
• For internal candidates, previous FIG and/or financial services experience in user acceptance testing is preferred. For external candidates, working in a similar UAT environment is an advantage.
• Good SQL and Excel experience is critical to the success of the role and candidates should have strong interest to learn technical concepts
• Willingness to work in a mid-shift schedule