The Role: User Experience Design Intern
The Location: Charlottesville Virginia
The Team: The Product Platforms team focuses on defining, managing and supporting workflow solutions for professionals across the markets and sectors we serve. This creative team of experts collaborates cross sector and drives continuous improvements in product innovation and usability.
The Impact: The world of finance is fast-paced and intensive. Our users need tools to be designed in a way that allows them to find things quickly and easily; perform their work fluidly, in a way that matches how they think and speak about work; collaborate with others seamlessly. There are enormous opportunities for this role to greatly impact the working life and business success of thousands of financial professionals and hundreds of firms, through thoughtful UX research and design.
What’s in it for you:
- Ability to influence the design and workflow of key aspects of a product used by more than 100,000 financial professionals.
- Potential to gain experience working in a dynamic cross functional team.
- Conduct a design evaluation of the Market Intelligence platform and identify specific, prioritized recommendations related to search & navigation, analytics and data visualization, page template layouts and visual design.
- Conduct a competitive and market assessment of the Market Intelligence platform.
What We’re Looking For:
- Strong digital product design sensibility.
- Comfort using one or more UI prototyping tools.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- Proven ability to translate ideas into actionable recommendations.
- Bachelor’s degree with a focus in HCI, Design or a related field
- Prior experience with Financial Technology or related fields.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of merit, capability and equality of opportunity, and without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law, or any other characteristic that has no bearing on a person’s ability to perform his or her job.
Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.