S&P Global Market Intelligence
The Role: Software Developer I
The Location: HYDERABAD
The Team: Our team is responsible for the design, architecture, and development of our client facing applications using a variety of tools that are regularly updated as new technologies emerge. You will have the opportunity every day to work with people from a wide variety of backgrounds and will be able to develop a close team dynamic with coworkers from around the globe. As a Software Developer I, you will work with the team in building enterprise strength that will enable S&P Global Market Intelligence to research and collect information that will serve Platform and Feeds.
The Impact: The work you do will be used every single day, it’s the essential code you’ll write that provides the required data for crucial, daily decisions in the capital and commodities markets.
What’s in it for you:
- Build a career with a global company.
- Work on code that fuels the global financial markets.
- Grow and improve your skills by working on enterprise level products and new technologies.
- Helping teams while planning and execution.
- Reviewing architectural changes and coming up with best solutions.
- Supporting and maintaining strategic productionized products.
- Solve problems, analyze and isolate issues.
- Champion best practices and serve as a subject matter authority.
- Develop solutions to develop/support key business needs.
- Engineer components and common services based on standard development models, languages and tools.
- Produce system design documents and technical walkthroughs
- Produce high quality code
- Collaborate effectively with technical and non-technical partners
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor's / Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent.
- 2 to 4 years of experience in application development using Microsoft Technologies.
- Knowledge of object-oriented design, .NET framework.
- Command of essential technologies: C#, ADO.NET, WPF, WCF services, and SQL Server or Oracle.
- Proficient with software development lifecycle (SDLC) methodologies like Agile, Test- driven development.
- Play a key role in the development team to build high-quality, high-performance, scalable code.
- Collaborate effectively with technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Hands on experience with developing solutions involving relational database technologies on SQL Server platform, stored procedure programming experience using Transact SQL.
- Good communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to mentor the team members.
- Be part of a culture to continuously improve the technical design and code base
- Demonstrate solutions using Technical design docs, diagrams and stubbed code.
- Hands on experience on Transact SQL.
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important—some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/marketintelligence