The Role: Do you love assisting clients? Our Sales & Client Services teams establish relationships with firms within our covered sectors. You will have the opportunity to provide a full range of support/ancillary services to the commercial organization, relationship managers and operations teams involved in the sales and renewal process for existing clients.
The Location: Charlottesville, Virginia
The Impact: We are looking for a dynamic Renewal Associate to bring their excitement and passion to the team. You should be able to thrive in a fast-paced office environment of deadlines, organized client calls, and advantageous challenges. Our team is responsible for facilitating all aspects of our organization's subscription renewal process.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
- Presenting pricing proposals and value propositions to clients: improvements made, templates built, support calls handled, etc.
- Work independently and proactively with all stakeholders to renew subscriptions in a timely manner
- Be the first interaction when a client has questions about the pricing of their renewal.
- Work closely with collections and Finance to get subscriptions paid in a timely manner.
- Day-to-day, you will use your analytical skills to analyze account background and product adoption; develop a keen understanding of our value proposition from the client perspective.
- Providing back-up support for Renewal Specialists and direct administrative support to the Commercial team.
- Building contracts and assisting with collections activity
- Scheduling State of the Union meetings/calls
- Building and managing subscription access and extension cases
- Liaising with Relationship Management, Renewal Operations and Order-To-Cash teams on all processes (including AP, government portal maintenance, etc.)
- Providing predictive caution to the team and the manager if support tasks will not be completed in timely matter.
- Creating and updating procedure documentation as needed.
- Suggesting potential system and/or process improvements.
- Working with various S&P Global departments to resolve client issues.
- Completing other assignments as required and/or assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred or equivalent education and experience.
- Ideally 1 to 2 years of experience in a consultative sales or a client facing role (inside sales, prospecting, sales support, customer support)
- Goal and action orientated, with ability to work towards revenue targets within a business development environment
- Experience resolving challenging situations, i.e. objection handling, overcoming gatekeepers,etc.
- Solid organization, multi-tasking and prioritization skills
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written with the ability to engage a senior level audience
- Strong MS office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) skills are required, and any knowledge of CRM databases (such as Salesforce.com) would be advantageous
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important—some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit, S&P Global Market Intelligence
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of merit, capability and equality of opportunity, and without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law, or any other characteristic that has no bearing on a person’s ability to perform his or her job.
Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.