S&P Global Market Intelligence
The Role: You are a key member of the Pacific Region Sales team focusing on the Commercial Lending and Insurance market segments. You are responsible for achieving the new business sales target for the Pacific Sales Team.
The Impact: S&P Global Market Intelligence has a solid reputation in the Pacific Region and we are continuing to build brand awareness. Your role is critical to the success of the Team as you will have a direct impact on new business generation. You will be able to lead from the front as you help grow the business.
The Career Opportunity: You are a key player within the sales team and you will have the opportunity to work with a range of our key domestic and international clients within the financial services industry. This is a great opportunity for you to grow your skillset and professional network as well as contributing to the growth of the business.
The Team / The Business: The team is comprised of experienced professionals from across the financial services industry. The business has a casual and friendly atmosphere with an entrepreneurial spirit. We value team work so being a team player is crucial in order to succeed within our organization.
Our Hiring Manager says: “I’m looking for the kind of person who would be able to contribute to the growth of the business in the Pacific Region. You’re the right person for this role, if you are someone with a track record in consultative sales or has experience in Corporate Banking or Insurance in a Sales/ RM, analyst/ underwriter or Credit Risk function. You’ll love this job because you’ll get to work in a dynamic environment, challenge and develop your existing skill set and work closely with a range of key professionals across the financial services industry.”
- Identifying, marketing and selling S&P Global Market Intelligence products/services to new clients in the Pacific Region’s Commercial Lending and Insurance markets
- Developing and maintaining a high standard of product/ services knowledge, in particular and directly, the functionality and application of these products/ services to these market participants
- Frequent, timely and accurate communication of sales forecasting, pipe line management and other sales activity using SalesForce.com
- Contribute to the Pacific Commercial Lending and Insurance business strategy through application of strong and current industry knowledge
- Keeping up to date with key industry news and events involving clients and prospects alike, macro/ regulatory/ market trends impacting Commercial Lending and Insurance markets and keeping abreast of our competitive landscape
- Bachelor degree holder in Finance, Economics or related subject
- 1-3 years of relevant experience in Corporate Banking or Insurance Underwriting
- Strong network of contacts within the Commercial Lending and Insurance industry in the Pacific Region
- CFA, Chartered Accountant or MAppFin qualifications would be beneficial to success
- Strong communication, organization, presentation and negotiation skills
- A high level of integrity and a confident and positive manner
- An entrepreneurial mindset which demonstrates drive, initiative, energy and an ability to assess opportunity in any situation
- Capabilities in the areas of relationship management, credit analysis, financial modelling, deal/ loan structuring and risk management are desirable
- An ability to operate autonomously to a target and beyond
- A desire and flexibility to learn and grow in an ever-changing environment
- Previous experience using S&P Capital IQ/ SNL Financial products or similar in a current role
- Strong Microsoft Office applications knowledge
About S&P Global Market Intelligence
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important—some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/marketintelligence.
To all recruitment agencies; S&P does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related to such resumes.