The Role: Senior Business Analyst (Risk Services group)
The Location: Charlottesville, VA
The Team: As part of S&P Global Market Intelligence, the Credit Solutions business within the Risk Services business unit aggregates and distributes content from S&P Global Ratings, for use by fixed income market participants and other clients who seek independent assessment of the creditworthiness of borrowers. As Senior Business Analyst, you will be a member of the Risk Services PMO team, helping tackle business initiatives by running technology projects.
The Impact: Credit Solutions provides S&P Global Ratings’ credit ratings and research content to investors and intermediaries. Through various channels, including direct data feeds (RatingsXpress) and desktop (RatingsDirect) platforms, Credit Solutions provides services to enhance the workflows of our clients within the Investment Management, Investment Banking, Commercial Bank, Non-Financial Corporate, Insurance, Government and Academia segments.
As Senior Business Analyst, you will be dedicated to our XpressFeed platform: understanding the technology behind the tool, working with the Scrum team on new development projects, and mastering the business context for these product offerings.
What’s in it for you:
- You will be a contributing member of an Agile Scrum team accountable for delivering high quality software to customers
- The chance to dig in to complicated technical details surrounding software product requirements
- Work with and guide our Product Managers to fill in technical gaps in requirements
- Explore a highly rewarding career path with room for professional growth, recognition and rewards
- Build and improve your skills by working with new technologies
- End-to-end specification, development, testing, and release of assigned project deliverables for software development projects.
- Utilizing SQL to write custom queries, stored procedures and functions.
- Participates in the scoping of proposed improvements, and works with Content Managers, Product Managers, or other Project Managers to turn business requirements into actionable developer specifications.
- Works to mitigate risk while leading tasks, resources, and changes.
- Leads or works independently to provide for data transformation, testing, solving problems, and end-to-end user support needs.
What We’re Looking For:
- 3-5 years of experience in a related role in a technical environment
- Ability to bring together and clearly document software requirements
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills
- Communication skills (presentational, active listening, ability to build consensus, and support across functions and at all levels)
- Proven SQL skills and familiarity
- Agile Scrum Master certification
- Familiarity with Credit Risk and/or Financial Services
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of merit, capability and equality of opportunity, and without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law, or any other characteristic that has no bearing on a person’s ability to perform his or her job.
Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.